Picked up my New GP100 today

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Deadeye

Bearcat
Well I pulled the trigger and brought the New GP100 with 6" barrel. First thing I did went I got it home was to sight it with my lazer to see if the sights were on. To my surprise, the rear sight was cocked. I removed the lateral adjusting screw and found that it wasn't centered on the spring and the blade rode over the spring causing the blade to tilt. I also removed some tool marks on the ejector. So much for made in USA. The test cartridge was fired on 3/15/13. Maybe they are pushing the people to hard to meet the demand.

schloss

Single-Sixer
I never thought the sights on it were anything to get excited about. You're going to see periodic problems with any product, regardless where it gets made.

Pal Val

Buckeye
This is a rare instance of a gun review done before firing the first shot. I hope your attitude changes when you fire a few shots with that excellent revolver. I have one just like it, and have enjoyed shooting it for the better part of a decade. Fine gun.

Deadeye

Bearcat
Pal Val said:
This is a rare instance of a gun review done before firing the first shot. I hope your attitude changes when you fire a few shots with that excellent revolver. I have one just like it, and have enjoyed shooting it for the better part of a decade. Fine gun.
I'm just surprised that it was delivered like that. It's evident all chambers were test fired. I certainly expect it to perform as I researched the model and all were good reviews. The sight was easy to fix, however it would be nice to purchase something without some sort of issue. 2 months ago I went thru a quality control problem with Thompson Center. I purchased a new 30-06 barrel for my Encore and it had a bad crown. The second replacement barrel had a bad crown. The third replacement barrel was good.

Joe S.

Hunter
when you go to assembly line production, stuff slips through sometimes. at least you bought a Ruger, and it is backed by EXCELLENT customer service!

good luck with your new toy! i am jealous!

JB696

Bearcat
I'd be more worried about the barrel being screwed on crooked or being able to shove a credit card between the cylinder and the forcing cone. I've seen some real bad ones lately. Needing a little work on the sight blade would make it a keeper for me. :)

Stoots

Buckeye
Not making excuses, but I would guess that Ruger's wide-open production trying to keep up with demand may be the cause here. On the other hand, I just placed a 4 5/8 SBH on lay-away that was flawless; and I examined every centimeter of it!

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

rughar

Bearcat
Congrats, I also picked one up today (4" SS) that I got lucky on when I walked in the local store as it was just being put on display last week. I debated waiting on a SW 686 but the GP looks and feels great. The trigger is a bit tight and clunky and Ill probably get it worked on but overall quality seems excellent

Deadeye

Bearcat
BusMaster007X said:
Classic case of 'shoot first, ask questions later'...

Both for the RUGER and the T/C.

AR-rrrgggh!!!
Pretty hard to shoot a pistol with the rear sight crooked and there was a visible chuck out of the crown of the T/C barrel. In fact the barrel is now being used as a training tool at the now S&W T/C The first 2 barrels were made at the old New Hampshire plant, The last one which is good, was made at the Springfield Ma. plant.