Picked up another Ruger 10/22 yesterday

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jaytee

Single-Sixer
Found this one online at a FB auction site. Its a SS Sporter 22" barrel version. Pretty nice gun, stock is in pretty good shape and the metal is even better. It came with a el cheapo Bushnell 3x9 scope that looks to be touching the rear sight everrrrr so slightly. Cleaned it today and worked on sighting it in which took a while but I finally after about 75 rounds of various flavors down the tube put some Federal Match ammo in it and she finally came around. Had a best 3 shot group of well less then a dime, pretty much all one hole at 50 yards. I think with some better glass and mounts it will be a real shooter.

daveg.inkc

Hunter
I've yet to see one of these that didnt shoot. My first one, 1980 carbine, I shot my clothesline in two, and the little balls off a purple martin house, sitting on back porch. I sold it for 75.00, somebody kick me please!

ditto1958

Blackhawk
I had one of those a few years ago, and never did take to it. In fact, I never even fired the thing. I sometimes wish I'd kept it, but then I recall that I just never like it.

They're sharp looking rifles, though, and I imagine that the 22 inch barrel gives the ammo more velocity.