Picked up an LCP yesterday

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Buteo

Bearcat
I like my LCP for it's purpose. It is not the most fun to put a lot of rounds thru, but on a limited basis it can be fun. Mine is in the rotation for a range session today. I just added the Crimson Trace laser to it. What little there is to the front site just doesn't work with my eyes. Mine smoothed out nicely after a couple of hundred rounds and even though the trigger pull is long, it is smooth and breaks clean. Enjoy!

Lateck

Single-Sixer
I'll agree with Pops1 on the EDC.
For what it's job is it is great. :)

I personally don't mind taking the LCP to the range. I think it's fun :lol:
(But that's me :shock: )

Lateck,

Bilbobaker

Bearcat
Short9 said:
Ho-hum news for most of you, but I'm happy!

Will get some rounds through it tomorrow, hopefully.

I just picked one of them up a few weeks ago.
Nice and light easy to hide and quite powerful for it's size but not that fun to shoot.
Has quite a bit of recoil because of it's low mass.

I'm perfectly happy with mine, but it's not the fave shooter.... that title belongs to my Ruger 22 45.

Tweety Bird

Single-Sixer
Now you need one of these:

http://gunnersecurity.com/holster-Kel_Tek_wallet-1.htm

I know the link shows one for a Kel-Tec but they make them for several guns. My wife has one for her LCP.

martinj001

Single-Sixer
^^ :roll: I wouldn't use that to carry my LCP if someone gave it to me and paid me to use it. What good is a holster that doesn't cover the trigger? Sounds like a good excuse to shoot yourself to me. There is also the question of legality in some states that require guns to actually be holstered, as that is obviously not a "holster" and is more like an attachment to the gun. There are numerous other holster makers out there that make true and proper holsters for the LCP, they're much more deserving of your money.

HIVO

Single-Sixer
Love mine. Alot of folks say their not a range gun but their just so much FUN to shoot!!
HIVO

Big Stu

Single-Sixer
I really want an LCP but after trying them on for size, there is no way I can comfortably hold one. Even with the finger extension installed, I can only get 1 1/2 fingers on the grip and to me that is not a very safe way to hold the gun. I prefer to have more control. As much as I want one, I will have to pass and find something that suits my hand a little better. I tried out the S & W Bodyguard .380 and it felt much better but I don't want or need a laser, and I have heard mixed reviews about it. The search goes on for now.

Cholo

Staff member
Short9, I'm sure you'll like your LCP as much as the rest of us do. Fine little pocket gun for the $!

martinj001, what can I say to your entire post except GMAB! What is the law in GA regarding carrying a concealed handgun in a holster, or not? That scarey looking exposed trigger...Ooooo :shock: Let me time how long it takes you to make an LCP fire when that holster's in your pocket. It took me about 30 seconds of contorting to make it happen on purpose. What's your actual experience with that holster other than it "looks" dangerous? With that said...

Tweety Bird, I don't know how much experience you or your wife have actually shooting a gun using that holster. I have a lot of experience and I'd dump it faster than a used rubber. I loved it when I 1st bought it...till I shot my LCP using it. The 1st shot pinned my trigger finger against the holster. I could barely get off a 2nd shot, no possible way to get off a 3rd. I threw it in my junk holster drawer. At a later gun show that subject got brought up. A guy told me to buy some Gorilla tape and wrap it around the finger hole and bottom of the LCP trigger guard to keep it from rising and pinning my finger. It worked like a charm!! The problem was that it was so awkward that I couldn't hit squat with it at 15'.

I hope you and your wife have really rung out a gun carried in this holster and liked it. I'd much rather drop an LCP in my pocket with no holster than to use one that had the cool factor but didn't really work at all when it came down to it. Cool holster, dreadful to actually use. As usual YMMV...

martinj001, what holster do you recommend and have experience with for your LCP? I've dumped 2 and am looking for a suitable replacement.

6mmsl

Single-Sixer
Love mine - shoots great and pretty accurate- no laser on mine. Congrats.

Xsales

Buckeye
Mine - with Crimson Laser - is an everyday concealed carry

No issues, no flaws, excellent choice

Xsales

ra

Single-Sixer
I also recently bought my first LCP and luv it. I plan on carrying in my pocket or in my truck glove box without holster.
It replaces my Iver Johnson TP 22 for this duty, lighter weight and more power, but I still like my TP 22, it has rode a lot of miles the last 25 years.

ra

Yawn

Blackhawk
martinj001 said:
^^ :roll: I wouldn't use that to carry my LCP if someone gave it to me and paid me to use it. What good is a holster that doesn't cover the trigger? Sounds like a good excuse to shoot yourself to me. There is also the question of legality in some states that require guns to actually be holstered, as that is obviously not a "holster" and is more like an attachment to the gun. There are numerous other holster makers out there that make true and proper holsters for the LCP, they're much more deserving of your money.

+1

Tweety Bird

Single-Sixer
Well, one of the nice things about America is that, unless you're talking about health insurance, nobody forces you to buy anything you don't want to.

Yawn

Blackhawk
car insurance in some states, head sets/bluetooth to drive and talk in some states, education (whether or not you have kids), state run abortions,

to name a few things that I am forced to "buy"

But yes, America is still freer then many countries.

Let me exercise a bit of my freedom here. It bothers me when someone mentions a persons right to purchase something or do something, as a mode of "defense" against opinions not pertaining to someones rights. People have a right to drink themselves into living under a bridge, but I will still challenge the wisdom of such a game plan in someones life... that is my understanding of having compassion and care. The rights of someone to purchase the "holster" were never in question, the wisdom of such an exercising of those rights on that specific "holster" were in question.

I disagree that the "holster" in question is one that the original poster should consider to purchase or anything along those lines. I stopped pocket carrying myself because of numerous input to not do so without a good pocket holster that covers up the trigger. The reasoning behind these claims merrited much thought. So, some of us voiced the concern that the "holster" was not the safest, and I hope and believe, that we did so out of care for both the original poster and the poster who mentioned that the "holster" was great or a must have or whatever. So we took some issue with the "holster posters" conclusions... sure he has the right to those conclusions. And i have the right to voice my opinion about them, especially on a internet discussion board. But our rights were not in question... people's wisdom and decisions were.

Jon9

Bearcat
I also recently bought an LCP and finally got to shoot it today. It's pretty fun and much tamer than I expected (I've never shot a gun this small before). It ran 50 rounds of WWB flawlessly.

Tweety Bird

Single-Sixer
So many internet sites, so many "experts". I'm among the first to admit that I'm not one of 'em. I also realize that believing much of anything on an internet forum site is foolhardy.

Of course, you have a right to express your opinion, Yawn, nobody said otherwise. So you can say what you want (as we all can). Mandatory car insurance? Sure, but only if you want to drive. That makes it optional because you don't have to drive a car if you don't wish to do so. Mandatory Bluetooth in a car? Sure, but only if you want to talk on your phone while you drive. Again, that makes it optional because you can either not use your phone while you drive, or stop while you use it.

I never said the holster was great, I never even said my wife carries her LCP with it (did I???). I simply said she bought one for her gun. Our collection contains a lot of things, both guns and accessories, that get used a lot, many others that seldom or never get used. I bet most of you are the same way. All I did was just to post a link to the manufacturer of the thing, to illustrate something that's available for this and other small pistols. You self-professed experts here seemed to take issue with it, attacking her and questioning her ability, intelligence and judgment without knowing all the facts (and we'll just KEEP it that way, thank you very much). YOU DON'T LIKE IT? DON'T BUY IT! I'm merely responding to what was said about her (and, by default, about me, too).

Bye.