Pic of my new MK III

Help Support Ruger Forum:

trouble

Single-Sixer
Got this from the estate of our deceased neighbor, good man. He picked it up about 2yrs ago, had me zero the red dot then put it away. Less than 50 RDS fired. Like it a lot other than the lack of irons. Are those lightweight uppers still made?

OldePhart said:
Nice! What's that big black mark on the side of the receiver? :twisted: :D

O.P. Photoshopped the serial number out.... seems to be a common thing on the internet.... not quite sure why but most folks do it.

I kinda like these short barreled ones.... maybe..... one day....

OldePhart

Blackhawk
blume357 said:
OldePhart said:
Nice! What's that big black mark on the side of the receiver? :twisted: :D

O.P. Photoshopped the serial number out.... seems to be a common thing on the internet.... not quite sure why but most folks do it.
Yeah...I knew that...I was having a bit of fun with it because it was so obvious...

I used to have to Photoshop photographs of airplane parts to "brush in" failure conditions for pilot preflight walk around examinations. We generally had to make them a little less obviously a retouch...though we did have one guy that pasted the Honey-Nut Cheerios bee into the end of a pitot tube, once... :)

mr k

Bearcat
Tell me about the RED dot. What type? Did it install on the Weaver rail or a separate purchased Picatinny Rail. Looking to get one for my Mark but have not decided yet on brand. Some use Picatinny some use weaver rails. Nice looking hand gun, only hope mine looks a good.

trouble

Single-Sixer
Its a Bushnell went right on the factory rail, not sure of the dot size, but it works OK.