Photo Thread

Help Support Ruger Forum:

20230703_132159.jpg

BearBiologist

Buckeye
I have had this "baby" K-Bar for many years; 4" blade. Anyone have an idea what it is...I've never seen another.
Do a google search for KaBar HUNTING knives (not combat knives). Look at the "images" window. I saw several listed simply as "Vintage" KaBar Hunting Knife.

Ranger

Single-Sixer
I didn't realize there are some serious knife collectors on this forum. I too have quite a few with several customs. Used to hang out a lot on bladeforums - especially in the mid- late 90s. Have any of you folks hung out there?

deac45

Single-Sixer
I didn't realize there are some serious knife collectors on this forum. I too have quite a few with several customs. Used to hang out a lot on bladeforums - especially in the mid- late 90s. Have any of you folks hung out there?
I used to drop in there occasionally but haven't in a long time.

I picked up this old timey Old Timer for $10 at a gun show a week ago. It had been neglected, the blades were scratched by improper sharpening and they were somewhat rusty. I killed time working on it behind the table at the show, cleaning it up and lubricating it. I'm happy with how it turned out. My pardners at the table were surprised how well it cleaned up and wished they'd grabbed it before I saw it ;)
IMG_7921.jpeg
IMG_7922.jpeg

Last edited:

eveled

Hawkeye

I used to drop in there occasionally but haven't in a long time.

I still drop by, but rarely. I was chastised for suggesting that "collectable" knives should be used. One even went so far as to suggest I sell my favorite Randall because I used as my EDC.

There are quite a few knife snobs there.
I go there daily. I have not had problems with snobs. I use my knives and routinely post pictures of my knives with patina and scratches even my Randalls. No problem.

coach

Hunter
As an east coast dweller I never saw or ate abalone. I didn't know you had to pry them loose. The oyster knife I'm familiar with is only for prying them open after they are caught and sized by fishermen.