Pearce Grips for 1911

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RugerFan1911

Bearcat
I put on a set if Pearce Grips (PG1911-1) on my Ruger SR 1911 and I really like the feel the rubber finger grooves provide. I have better control of the gun and can tell a real difference on my trigger pull. The target in the picture was shot at 30' and 14 shots. Most accurate gun I've ever shot and the grips only helped.

Best $11 investment I've made on a gun in a long time. You can find them on Amazon or eBay.

accessbob

Bearcat
I agree with you as to the better control and grip on it. They feel good to me and, upon recoil, the gun doesn't shift at all in my hand where it did every so often when I was shooting without the rubber grip.

tomf52

Bearcat
I have the ssame on my SR1911 and my Kimber SS Custom Classic II. What I did in addition was put on a set of the new Hogue palm swell rubber side panels. Installed together thes feel great under my big paws.

JBK I

Bearcat
Thanks for the heads up.

I'm going to give these a try.

JBK

schnoov

Bearcat
Yep, they're fantastic for the price. I have these on both 1911s and on my 22/45 (only required a tiny amount of trimming).

silvermane_1

Bearcat
schnoov said:
Yep, they're fantastic for the price. I have these on both 1911s and on my 22/45 (only required a tiny amount of trimming).
^ah, but are any of your Ruger SR1911s the CMD model by chance?, or is that why the grips need to be trimmed?

schnoov

Bearcat
silvermane_1 said:
schnoov said:
^ah, but are any of your Ruger SR1911s the CMD model by chance?, or is that why the grips need to be trimmed?

No, I have the full size SR1911. Not sure about the commander size.

The 22/45 is the only one that needed a little bit of trimming to look good - the grip panels aren't quite as wide as on a 1911, so some of the rubber insert showed on the edges. It only took about 5 minutes with an x-acto knife though. Just be sure not to cut too deep or you'll scratch the finish.

silvermane_1

Bearcat
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
I thought a commander and government frame were the same. It was the officer frame that was small.
^they make commander size grips, if the they are the same frame size, then would the SR1911 Gov. 8rn mags work in the SR1911 CMD?

Latest posts