PC4 trigger pins

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Pauerpilot

Single-Sixer
I have a carbine that I rally enjoy. I was shooting my PC4 today and the tigger pins kept "walking out". I have to push the pins in every other mag. Is there a fix for this or aftermarket pins? If anyone can shed some light on this I would be greatly appreciative.

Al

Pauerpilot

Single-Sixer
Well I called Ruger. Spoke with a very nice service lady. I was informed that they do not have parts and do not service the PC4 because they are "old". She called her tech department and they said that I can send it in but they would not have any parts to replace it. In all likelihood they would just ship it back to me. She did offer to replace the carbine with the new 9mm carbine. I want my PC4 because I have the matching pistol and can share mags. She did say the other option is to wait until the new 40SW carbine is released and I can exchange the carbine for the new one. Of course she did not say anything about price. She did say that was a viable option. Hmmmm. Is a new 40SW carbine on the horizon?

Pauerpilot

Single-Sixer
So necessity is the mother of invention. Since I had nothin to lose, I opened my PC4 completely. Nothing but parts and springs. Found the culprit. The retention spring that clips into detents on the trigger pin and hammer spring was vey flat. It was not engaging the detents on the pins. A little bend here and pressure there and the spring now engages the detents and is holding the pins in place. I have a rifle a new again!

Pauerpilot

Single-Sixer
CRAP! Well fixed the retention spring and now pins are holding as advertised. However, as I was putting the rifle back together I dropped the rifle and resulting impact broke an internal part. The disconnector pivot pin broke. The small nub that holds the disconnector broke off the pivot pin.

So if Ruger does not have this part, am I screwed?

Does anyone know if the PCC has some interchange parts?

I cannot imagine that Ruger would utterly abandon a product completely. If anyone has a source for parts please let me know.

Latest posts