Ruger #3 Trigger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Green Frog

Single-Sixer
OK, my first question about the Number 3. Did the #3s come with an adjustment screw in the upper curve of the trigger. My newly acquired example has such a set screw along with a surprisingly nice trigger pull. Would this be standard for a late production (ca 1980) example?

Also, in my recent post, I mentioned wanting to use this carbine as the donor gun to build a custom 327 Federal Magnum. While I have your attention, I'll ask whether anyone has actually completed this process? I've seen several speculations in my web search, but no results.

Thanks in advance for any information and assistance.

Froggie 🐸

Green Frog

Single-Sixer
This trigger has what I'm beginning to think it was drilled post-factory to create a light, adjustable trigger pull. In fact, on closer examination, the screw stands a little proud of the trigger shoe surface. My normal finger position is almost touching it. I'll try to send a picture.
Froggie

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 50

gewehrfreund

Buckeye
No, that is the factory trigger. Well, it might be a replacement 3-screw trigger, but you have to take the stock off to see the third adjustment screw (sear engagement).
The screw in the picture is the "pull weight" adjustment that acts against a spring up behind it. In order to get the lightest possible pull, you often have to back it out this far or more. I have even taken the spring out entirely to solve this problem, since the sear return spring is more than strong enough to keep things safe and since all the trigger parts are connected, it keeps the trigger in the forward position.