PC Carbine range outing

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jmoser

Bearcat
Broke it the PC 9mm at 50 yards yesterday; zeroed the red dot and shot ~80 rounds. 100% with 3 different ammo types including WW white box bulk and 2 Missouri bullet coated handloads using WW231. All 124 grains.

Nice tight groups off sandbags; tried some offhand as well and was able to keep everything in a ~6" circle shooting steady sustained aimed fire [like one shot every 2-3 seconds.]

Trigger is decent but will be improved as options come to market next year; a 3.5 lb trigger would really make this fun.

I tried 2 groups with a bipod on the front rail; raised point of impact 1.5" or so but that is not unexpected.

I thought I may have the takedown tension a bit on the snug side but based on results I am not going to change anything.

We have a range with plates and pins; next trip I will try my luck there - should be a hoot.

So far very happy with the new toy !!

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
jmoser said:
Broke it the PC 9mm at 50 yards yesterday; zeroed the red dot and shot ~80 rounds. 100% with 3 different ammo types including WW white box bulk and 2 Missouri bullet coated handloads using WW231. All 124 grains.

Nice tight groups off sandbags; tried some offhand as well and was able to keep everything in a ~6" circle shooting steady sustained aimed fire [like one shot every 2-3 seconds.]
That is a good test and what a 9mm carbine is for.

m657

Buckeye
headed for speed steel match this weekend; the TRS25 mounted last week seems to be an advantage. Now running 'nearly glitch free' at about 800 rounds downrange. Very pleasing package!

Latest posts