Pathetic Customer Service at Ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lfpiii

Blackhawk
After having a 40 year love affair with Ruger and currently owning more than 60 Rugers I have had it. I sent several emails to Ruger because of an issue on a brand NEW GP-100. See http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=267630 . I feel like they are trying to blow smoke up you know what. I have sent them one final email. If response is the same, I will send a nice letter to the CEO explaining why they have lost a customer. I have only purchased 12 Rugers in the last year.

I saw that other thread. Do you have any pictures? Someone else asked if you bought the gun new or used but you didn't answer.

How are the other 11 guns you bought this last year?

I'm not trying to defend Ruger, but you just don't give much information.. Did they reply to your first emails? What did they say? Again, I'm not defending Ruger, but just curious if you gave them more details than us. Some people here have always been proponents of sending polite emails. The whole idea about attracting more ants with sugar than honey.

lfpiii

Blackhawk
Kevin said:
I saw that other thread. Do you have any pictures? Someone else asked if you bought the gun new or used but you didn't answer.

How are the other 11 guns you bought this last year?

I'm not trying to defend Ruger, but you just don't give much information.. Did they reply to your first emails? What did they say? Again, I'm not defending Ruger, but just curious if you gave them more details than us. Some people here have always been proponents of sending polite emails. The whole idea about attracting more ants with sugar than honey.

I only buy new revolvers. The 2 GPs were drop shipped directly from Ruger to my dealer. Buds does not stock most guns but has them drop ship from a distributor or the factory. The other 11 are also new. If I do not get a good response I will be sending the CEO a letter with receipts so he gets an idea of who he lost.

contender

Ruger Guru
Ok,, I have to ask, POLITELY.
Have you tried a phone call, instead of emails? Most often, a polite phone call, with details being given when questions are asked,, helps ANY company determine how to handle an issue with a product.

I know a lot of the world thinks emails & texts are the only way,,, but when you get direct contact with a live person, quite often,, good things happen. Emails are too impersonal.

lfpiii

Blackhawk
contender said:
Ok,, I have to ask, POLITELY.
Have you tried a phone call, instead of emails? Most often, a polite phone call, with details being given when questions are asked,, helps ANY company determine how to handle an issue with a product.

I know a lot of the world thinks emails & texts are the only way,,, but when you get direct contact with a live person, quite often,, good things happen. Emails are too impersonal.

I have been stuck in court for the past two weeks. I did give them my cell number and a time when I could receive calls but nothing back yet. Funny thing is that when I sent in a RFQ for 250 38 special GPs I could not get anyone to call me back. As a hobby I am a partner in a security company that is expanding.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
I have never had anything but excellent service from Ruger. You can e-mail the CEO
Direct. He does read them,and replied to mine before.

lfpiii

Blackhawk
Chuck 100 yd said:
I have never had anything but excellent service from Ruger. You can e-mail the CEO
Direct. He does read them,and replied to mine before.

He is no longer accepting emails,

GKC

Blackhawk
lfpiii said:
He is no longer accepting emails,

Really? I just used that link to the CEO on the Ruger website (I think it's "Tell the CEO" or something like that.) I got a reply a couple of days later...not from him, directly, but from a manager in his organization. It was about the sights available on the GP100...I posted the reply I got on one of the threads about the GP100 sights.

I have to say that I have always had much better luck with a telephone call that I have sending an email...not just with Ruger, but with a lot of companies. It's harder to disagree with someone on the phone than it is in an email.

I've had nothing but good service from Ruger, which has rarely been needed. I can't say I always agree with their responses, but I did get responses. I still think Ruger is one of the best companies when it comes to service that I have ever dealt with. Unfortunately, many companies aren't selling customers parts like they once did...due to liability issues...in the past, S&W for example sold me a complete striker for a pistol, but most recently they have declined to sell one to me (and others.) They said they would send me a shipping label, and they would install a new striker and return it to me, all at their expense, which costs them more than selling and mailing me a striker...but saves them potential liability if I install a part incorrectly.

contender

Ruger Guru
I understand being in court,,, as my wife works for a lawyer. However,, you do get breaks, recesses, etc. May I suggest you use the time you asked them to call you,,, to call them yourself? I'm sure you will get a much better response than emails.

.[/quote]
. Funny thing is that when I sent in a RFQ for 250 38 special GPs I could not get anyone to call me back. As a hobby I am a partner in a security company that is expanding.[/quote]

Is your security company planning to travel back in time to the mid sixty's?

Dave

I don't know if Ruger customer service is pathetic. What I do know is the one time in my life I returned a weapon to the (Ruger) factory there was a two week turnaround including shipping time and the problem was solved.

Sugar River

Buckeye
Dave P. said:
. Funny thing is that when I sent in a RFQ for 250 38 special GPs I could not get anyone to call me back. As a hobby I am a partner in a security company that is expanding.[/quote]

Dave[/quote]

Some states, like Florida, and I assume Illinois, limit private security guards to 38 Spec revolvers only.
I guess the authorities figure they can't do too much damage.

rallye_red

Bearcat
I've called Ruger on two occasions, one just two months ago for another GP100 I ordered. I'm busy too, but part of my work involves driving to downtown Detroit twice a day. So I called Ruger on the road. Both times the problem was fixed. A two week turnaround on this recent issue. So definitely call. Good luck! :mrgreen:

Sugar River said:
Dave P. said:
. Funny thing is that when I sent in a RFQ for 250 38 special GPs I could not get anyone to call me back. As a hobby I am a partner in a security company that is expanding.

Dave[/quote]

Some states, like Florida, and I assume Illinois, limit private security guards to 38 Spec revolvers only.
I guess the authorities figure they can't do too much damage.[/quote]

You sure about Florida?
When I went to visit my mother there I read up a bit on your carry laws, seem to remember
.380 and 9mm autos were ok as well as .357....
Dave

lolbell

Single-Sixer
Sounds like someone that has made his mind up to be unhappy about the situation with out doing his part to resolve the matter. Ruger has always bent over backwards to resolve warranty issues even though they don't offer any kind of warranty. Geez how hard is it to pickup the phone and make a call?