Passel of .22s … GOT ‘EM!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hankus

Blackhawk
I ran across these two Bearcats and the NAA .22 Magnum at a local pawn shop this morning. The Bearcats date to 1965 and 1968. The NAA was just interesting. Opinions? Neither Bearcat includes a box.

Attachments

• IMG_6018.jpeg
    IMG_6018.jpeg
    272.7 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_6019.jpeg
    IMG_6019.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_6021.jpeg
    IMG_6021.jpeg
    188.5 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

Hankus

Blackhawk
Around me,, 2 Bearcats like that,, I'd be getting into some serious haggling,, to buy both of them.
Contender, I'm trying to resist the urge and hold out for gun shows in the area over the next several weeks. I'm hoping to find a Redhawk convertible 5032 or 5050, or add to my .327 Federal collection. The good news is the pawn shop in question isn't in the best neighborhood and doesn't really cater to the single action crowd. Their clientele is more interested in Glocks or AKs. They also had quite a few lever actions on the wall that I didn't have time to peruse.

contender

Ruger Guru
I understand your thoughts.

However,, over the decades,, I've found I can remember the ones that "got away" much easier than the ones I was chasing at the time.
Besides,, if you go back, with cash,, and haggle a good bit,, getting them to come down, then they can become trade fodder,, "just in case." (Although,, I usually just buy & not trade or sell.)

I could have bought a few things this past weekend at the OGCA show. But I knew a certain gun was in the wings. The owner & I were able to reach an agreement on a price, and the gun came home with me. BUT,,,,,,,, I also chose to NOT pass on another gun,, just because the price was too good to pass up. I didn't need the second one,, but I would have regretted it if I had not bought it. I bought the second gun,, well ahead of my negotiations with the seller of the one I wanted. It made my gun funds a little tighter,, but I was able to buy both the gun I really wanted,, a gun I didn't need,, and yet,, a 3rd gun,, not originally known to me,, but definitely one I was glad came up.

I came home without any regrets at myself for "passing" on anything.

Don't over-think this; strike while you can :) I am a sucker for nice .22, both revolvers and pistols. A few months ago I bought an Old Model Super SS produced I think in '71 at the end of the run of the Old Models. On GB I've been "eyeing" Colt Woodsman and Hi Standard models. I don't know what a fair, reasonable price would be without box and papers which reduces the "collectors" value. Looking at Completed Sales" on GB would give you an idea.

Hankus

Blackhawk
Unfortunately my gun fund is somewhat depleted so I have to hold on until the end of next week … ☹️ If they're still there by then it was meant to be.

Hankus

Blackhawk
Well… they were still there this afternoon, and after a bit of haggling I walked out with both for 20% less than they were asking. Tomorrow we're having a joint birthday party for my two eldest grandsons, 5 and 7. These will be going to them when they come of age. In the meantime I'm starting them with gun safety and "Primary Marksmanship Instruction" (sorry, all those years in the Army jumped up out of nowhere ).😉 Maybe they'll be ready to fire them under adult supervision come the big family Thanksgiving get together out in the country up in Georgia.

Attachments

• IMG_6081.jpeg
    IMG_6081.jpeg
    390.1 KB · Views: 36

Latest posts