Single six date of manufacter

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dea becker

Bearcat
Ruger right_1.jpg

My first post. Thanks for the opportunity to ask questions. Picked up an older Ruger single six in a trade. Was wondering when it was made?

dea becker

Bearcat
The link you posted is the same one I tried before posting this thread. Here is a screenshot of what it gave me. I must be doing something wrong.
1000001737.png

The link you posted is the same one I tried before posting this thread. Here is a screenshot of what it gave me. I must be doing something wrong.View attachment 44120
After you get the "unable to locate serial number" message scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the text window to find Single-Six Standard, it will list the first number for each year

Attachments

• IMG_6786.png
    IMG_6786.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 25

hittman

Staff member

contender

Ruger Guru
As noted,, a 1954 made gun.
Aftermarket wood grips.
Originals would have been Butaphane Rubber, (plastic type).

Also,, that gun would have shipped with a flat loading gate.

Bonasa

Bearcat
View attachment 44118
My first post. Thanks for the opportunity to ask questions. Picked up an older Ruger single six in a trade. Was wondering when it was made?
That's a beauty. What's curious is that it has the rounded instead of the flat loading gate. The factory replaced the flat gate with the rounded one in early 1957, around SN 60,000. So, I'm guessing a previous owner must have swapped out the flat gate on yours; maybe he got tired of splitting his thumbnail open every time he swung it.

contender

Ruger Guru
Actually,, if an owner of a Flat Gate wanted it changed,, Ruger was known to do so for them. Many were returned for that simple change.

Of course,, this was after they had stopped making the flat loading gates and went to the contoured ones.