Pac lite barrel

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
I just bought a new Pac Lite barrel for my Ruger Mark III. It's a 4.5 inch with the threaded cap so I can add a compensator later.

My standard heavy barrel needs to be removed with the help of a rubber mallet. It's TIGHT.

The Pac Lite barrel is so loose it almost falls off when installing it. Is there a way to make it tighter?

james r jr

Single-Sixer
Yes. It has been a long time since i bought one of these but that is part of the swap. The underside of the PacLite upper where the lug on the forward part of the Ruger lower/frame fits over needs to be pressed or hammered carefully to tighten up the fit. Back when i bought mine, i believe Tac Sol would do it for you if you sent the parts to them but you can do it yourself. There might be other ways to tighten this area like a shim of some kind but i'm not sure. I hope others will be along to offer advice and maybe you can find some videos on the subject. Be careful, i made mine look ugly but it was tight.

james r jr

Single-Sixer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K7a2FMxnHo

This video should help. The part of the video that addresses the problem starts around 5:10.

DUNTOV

Single-Sixer
AzShooter1 said:
I just bought a new Pac Lite barrel for my Ruger Mark III. It's a 4.5 inch with the threaded cap so I can add a compensator later.

My standard heavy barrel needs to be removed with the help of a rubber mallet. It's TIGHT.

The Pac Lite barrel is so loose it almost falls off when installing it. Is there a way to make it tighter?

The easiest way is cut a shim from an aluminum pop can & insert in the front lug pocket of the receiver.
It works great