P95 vs FNH FNP-9

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A

Anonymous

I love the FNP9, it's trigger is crisp and it's ergo is pretty good. I'm waiting for the FNx9.

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
Wolverton":50hm3h86 said:
I love the FNP9, it's trigger is crisp and it's ergo is pretty good. I'm waiting for the FNx9.

For what its worth, theres been some posting in 2 other forums I go into on the FNP-9 + the FNP-40 lately. A very high percentage of owners rated them highly. The accuracy was noted as above advarge. The new model has a much improve decocker lever. Do a google search on them .....Hope this helps ....

MountainGator

Single-Sixer
3leggeddog":3oszhz9e said:
... I'm sure you would like NOT to hear about my SR9 which has been back to Ruger once already. I also belong to 4 other gun forums and hear of the problem of newer pistols. Ruger's last 3 model releases have had too many issues....

So 3ld.. Ya know sir, IF you are having a problem with your SR9, "I'm really sorry for you". What ECXACTLY IS the Problem? What have you done to resolve it? Have you worked with Ruger? Can they NOT solve the problem? Have they been unresponsive to you?

You state "Ruger's last 3 model releases have had too many issues." In you opinion are the last 3 releases the SR-9, the LCP, and the SR9C? (you don't say, you just try to inflame).

Let's see, I have an LCP, have a very modest 500 or so rounds through it (some of those were even the "Now NoNo +P's". I have never had a problem with it! ! ! ! ! ! ! But when ever I do, I will go (way back) on my 50 years of training and recall the second thing the old Sergeant taught the young Lieutenant was A) ":Sir, ALL semi-automatic pistols WILL jam", and B) "Sir, here's how you handle it!!" and that's what I tell others even to this day.

SR9/SR9-C… Let's see (again). I asked about the P95 not the SR-9! I'm a Very HAPPY P95 owner, and there's a couple reason why I didn't buy a SR-9... The most important of which is that I DID MY HOMEWORK!! (sorry if you didn't, and now regret your decision.) But again, you say you "hear" of problems, but what problems have you ACTUALLY experienced (specifically with the P95)?

So I started this thread, and I solicited comments comparing the he Ruger P95 with the HFN HFP-9. And I got responses from several people, including FED327 (& 3ld, it's feD327, not feB 327! You DO KNOW what the .327 FED MAG round is do you not sir?) responded with comments BASED ON THEIR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE!! Not Innuendo, Not "hearsay". If you have some personal experience comparing the P95 with the FNP-9, please share it. If you only have personal experience with the P95 OR the FNP-9 PLEASE share that too!, But please, PLEASE, if you want to "attack",cast doubt, or question the motivation of the good folks that DO go out of their way to answer my question, Please go somewhere else other than a thread that I started to do it!

StaySafe,
MG

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
MountainGator":pdf100g3 said:
3leggeddog":pdf100g3 said:
... I'm sure you would like NOT to hear about my SR9 which has been back to Ruger once already. I also belong to 4 other gun forums and hear of the problem of newer pistols. Ruger's last 3 model releases have had too many issues....

So 3ld.. Ya know sir, IF you are having a problem with your SR9, "I'm really sorry for you". What ECXACTLY IS the Problem? What have you done to resolve it? Have you worked with Ruger? Can they NOT solve the problem? Have they been unresponsive to you?

You state "Ruger's last 3 model releases have had too many issues." In you opinion are the last 3 releases the SR-9, the LCP, and the SR9C? (you don't say, you just try to inflame).

Let's see, I have an LCP, have a very modest 500 or so rounds through it (some of those were even the "Now NoNo +P's". I have never had a problem with it! ! ! ! ! ! ! But when ever I do, I will go (way back) on my 50 years of training and recall the second thing the old Sergeant taught the young Lieutenant was A) ":Sir, ALL semi-automatic pistols WILL jam", and B) "Sir, here's how you handle it!!" and that's what I tell others even to this day.

SR9/SR9-C… Let's see (again). I asked about the P95 not the SR-9! I'm a Very HAPPY P95 owner, and there's a couple reason why I didn't buy a SR-9... The most important of which is that I DID MY HOMEWORK!! (sorry if you didn't, and now regret your decision.) But again, you say you "hear" of problems, but what problems have you ACTUALLY experienced (specifically with the P95)?

So I started this thread, and I solicited comments comparing the he Ruger P95 with the HFN HFP-9. And I got responses from several people, including FED327 (& 3ld, it's feD327, not feB 327! You DO KNOW what the .327 FED MAG round is do you not sir?) responded with comments BASED ON THEIR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE!! Not Innuendo, Not "hearsay". If you have some personal experience comparing the P95 with the FNP-9, please share it. If you only have personal experience with the P95 OR the FNP-9 PLEASE share that too!, But please, PLEASE, if you want to "attack",cast doubt, or question the motivation of the good folks that DO go out of their way to answer my question, Please go somewhere else other than a thread that I started to do it!

StaySafe,
MG

You started this thread, you ask about the FNP-9 . My last posting was about the FNP-9 I tried to help , hmmm I did not bring up nor slam the p95 in that . Please READ . I never attack you.
Do a search in this forum on the isssue with the LCP, why cant grown men be honest about issue?
May be your willing to close your eyes to the on going trouble with the SR-9, yes some are reported to be STILL peening, the triggers are still gritty+ have a Hy pull after 2 years in production. I paid good money for a good gun , NOT to test drive for their RR department. If this hurts your feeling , I sorry.....

MountainGator

Single-Sixer
3leggeddog":12gwao0q said:
You started this thread, you ask about the FNP-9 . My last posting was about the FNP-9 I tried to help , hmmm I did not bring up nor slam the p95 in that . Please READ . I never attack you.
Do a search in this forum on the isssue with the LCP, why cant grown men be honest about issue?
May be your willing to close your eyes to the on going trouble with the SR-9, yes some are reported to be STILL peening, the triggers are still gritty+ have a Hy pull after 2 years in production. I paid good money for a good gun , NOT to test drive for their RR department. If this hurts your feeling , I sorry.....

While it true that you did not "SLAM" the P95, you certainly DID slam someone that gave a very favorable comment about it. SLAMED to the point of ACCUSING them of being a Ruger Employee or a Ruger Stockholder, and otherwise questioning their credibility.

Like I said sir, I AM sorry that you did not do YOUR HOMEWORK, bought a SR9, and are not happy with it. I DID do my homework and bought a P95. Is the penning the issue for you??? You still have not stated you grievance! You seem to be PISSED that you paid "good money" for a "GUN". Maybe you should have done a BIT MORE HOMEWORK, spent less money, and bought a P95 Pistol!

And like I said, I OWN a friggn LCP, & in 500 or so rounds I have had ZERO failures. Many do not like it because it is not a "Target Pistol", they don't like it because THEY think the sights stink. They are not happy with it because it is too small for their hand, and they have failures because they simply ARE NOT competent to shoot such a pistol. What are the SPECIFIC ISSUES that you allude to about the LCP??? What is YOUR grievance with the LCP? I do not need to do an internet forum "search" for posts made by anonymous individuals, I have first hand knowledge of how my LCP performs and I CARRY it and rely on it for MY (and my families) safety regularly!

FED327

Bearcat
MountainGator; Now you know why I only have 67 posts in almost 2 yrs...I can only take so much of this. All the forums have a few that try to "stir the puddin" by attacking people while hiding behind their keyboards. The only ones worse are the ones that when someone asks for an opinion on a centain model, the next guy to answer says that he does not have one and has never seen one, but his model XYZ is the best gun anyway and the OP should only be looking at that anyway...I guess the idea is if you don't know the answer, put down anything just to see you name listed and increase your post count.

I was also accused of "silly name calling"..I re-read all my posts in this thread and did not find anywhere I called someone a name. I was attacked and accused of being a Ruger shill, but people like that are for the most part trying to compensate for a lack of something...

The OP asked about the FNP-9 and how it did compared to the P95 he already had..I expressed an opinion based on having owned and shot both and related how my 2 P95's had performed and my feelings regarding their value as a self defense handgun. Lucky I still had my Nomex suit from my sports car racing days as the flames began...I have several fields I feel compentent to discuss, firearms, based on years of experience in sales, on a retail level and a wholesale level...Firearms shooting instructor, which I did for a decade, sports car racing, been there & got the trophies, as well as the usual assortment of current events, and various other speciality fields. I attended school for Police science and Criminal Investigation, and served in the military in Vietnam as a Medic..I guess I will have to do as I have done in the past on various forums, when I feel I can really contribute to someone and be helpful to them, I reply to them with a PM. That way, the trash talk is not a factor!

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
It's like this:

People who are unhappy with the new gun they just bought because it doesn't run as it should are also (secretly) unhappy with people who bought the same model and are happy with it because it runs as it should and who can't understand why someone would be unhappy with this fine gun even if it doesn't run right.

People who are happy with their new gun because it runs as it should are unhappy with people who are unhappy because their new gun doesn't work as it should because they should just send it back and be happy like the guys who got a good one that runs right out of the box.

Got it?

3LD - you didn't add anything but an irrelevant question.:roll:

FEB :wink: - your exuberant exhortations of your total trust of the P95 are a bit over the top but hey, it's RUGERFORUM and you like your koolaid shaken not stirred. No problem. :wink:

So stop already and back to the problem at hand, did we decide we like the FN or is it another P95? :shock:

FED327

Bearcat
ArmedinAZ":2ja3nyqf said:
It's like this:

People who are unhappy with the new gun they just bought because it doesn't run as it should are also (secretly) unhappy with people who bought the same model and are happy with it because it runs as it should and who can't understand why someone would be unhappy with this fine gun even if it doesn't run right.

People who are happy with their new gun because it runs as it should are unhappy with people who are unhappy because their new gun doesn't work as it should because they should just send it back and be happy like the guys who got a good one that runs right out of the box.

Got it?

3LD - you didn't add anything but an irrelevant question.:roll:

FEB :wink: - your exuberant exhortations of your total trust of the P95 are a bit over the top but hey, it's RUGERFORUM and you like your koolaid shaken not stirred. No problem. :wink:

So stop already and back to the problem at hand, did we decide we like the FN or is it another P95? :shock:

I think your theory may be a little over simplification...I will be the first one to dump a gun if it fails at all. Either it works when I need to or if not, it will be on someone's used gun shelf in a gun shop.
A lot of people are just plain unhappy when others are either happy, wealthy, or support and promote a brand or product, or are sucessfull...A good example of the latter is how many people bad mouth Glocks just because they have taken the gun world like nothing else since the SAA in 1873 and the GI 1911 in 1911...Like them or not, Glock, the company and Glock, the gun are a truly amazing story of sucess, and it happened in a very short period of time.

My question to you would be this; The fact I have had 2 P95's that have a combined total of over 15,000 rounds through them without any type of malfunction, so I should not promote this as a reason to recommend them as being a reliable handgun?

And for the record, it's FED as in FED327 and NOT "FEB"
And for what it's worth, My SP101 in 327 Fed was a piece of junk! So was my SR9...So, it's not just blind drinking of the kool-aid, the Ruger I support really does have to perform!

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
I know it's FED. Did you see the :wink: ? Trying to lighten this trainwreck up a little and get back OT. My reading comprehension skills and spelling are still pretty good.

I just might have to try a P95 and see what all the love is about...although I just started dating a CZ...

Mike J

Hunter
Thats one thing guns have going for them Armed. They don't get jealous. If I had more money I'd have a room full of them.

revhigh

Hawkeye
ArmedinAZ":118wei4d said:
although I just started dating a CZ...

That's too bad Armed ... those CZ's are junk ... especially the ugly silver ones .... :wink:

REV

JimEG

Bearcat
MountainGator
I own an FNP 9, the decocker only version, and I am very happy with it. The trigger is better than...this is hard for me to admit, my KP90's. It is way more accurate than I am. A friend of mine also has an FNP 9 USG version, which has a decocker and manual safety. He bought it after shooting mine. He was set to buy a Bereta 92F or something, but changed his mind. Neither of us have had any trouble with FTE's or FTF's. I'm sure that you would not be disappointed if you purchased one. I don't have any first hand experience with the P95, but I would like to shoot one, there sure are a lot of devoted owners.
Here is a link to the FNP section of the official FN forum:
http://www.fnforum.net/fnp-f48.html
PS I still love my KP90.

Rodney72

Bearcat
Getting back to the subject at hand then...I was looking for a glove compartment gun and I rented and heavily shot both the P95 and FNP-9. I went with the P95. There was nothing wrong with the FNP, it just didn't feel great in my hand nor was it the sweet shooter the P95 was.

MountainGator

Single-Sixer
ArmedinAZ":1zgce4kc said:
I know it's FED. Did you see the :wink: ? Trying to lighten this trainwreck up a little and get back OT. My reading comprehension skills and spelling are still pretty good.

I just might have to try a P95 and see what all the love is about...although I just started dating a CZ...

Sir, "Way Back When" I carried a 1911A1 in three different theaters. It defended My life in two (of those) and my families in one. While My P95 is completely different, it instills the same level of "security" (in me) that my 1911A1 did.

StaySafe,
MG

k-oss

Bearcat
Sheez....Ol' MountainGator asks a simple question and look what it has morphed into. A lot of gun guys take themselves way too seriously. It's much safer to insult a mans wife than to dare call into question the merits of his favorite projectial hurler! Seriously guys.....lighten up and suck some oxygen. It's all good...........