P89 stainless slide assy and barrel

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Specs

Single-Sixer
P89 stainless slide assy, and barrel assy includes guide rod and recoil spring $125.00 shipped. Brand new Ruger factory, bought from CDNN in 2008, never used.

roylt

Hunter
The 89 had a lot of revisions. Pictures would help people know if it would work or not for their purpose.

Specs

Single-Sixer
roylt said:
The 89 had a lot of revisions. Pictures would help people know if it would work or not for their purpose.

I tried it on my late model P89 (safety) and it works just fine. I really don't have the ability to post photos, but actually we all should know what a P89 slide looks like. What would an amateur photo tell anyone? It came from CDNN about 4 years ago.

roylt

Hunter
You can put a real old style 89 upper on a newer frame and it may seem to function but the lock up would not really be correct. The old style barrels had a flat lockup vs the newer units have a slant.

Good luck to you in your sale.

Specs

Single-Sixer
roylt said:
You can put a real old style 89 upper on a newer frame and it may seem to function but the lock up would not really be correct. The old style barrels had a flat lockup vs the newer units have a slant.

Good luck to you in your sale.

I just fired 3 rounds through both setups and they both work fine, and appear to be identical in appearance. BTW, do you have interest in the parts or are you just "interested"?

Latest posts