P89 stainless slide assy and barrel

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Specs

Single-Sixer
P89 stainless slide assy, and barrel assy includes guide rod and recoil spring $125.00 shipped. Brand new Ruger factory, bought from CDNN in 2008, never used.

roylt

Hunter
The 89 had a lot of revisions. Pictures would help people know if it would work or not for their purpose.

Specs

Single-Sixer
roylt said:
The 89 had a lot of revisions. Pictures would help people know if it would work or not for their purpose.

I tried it on my late model P89 (safety) and it works just fine. I really don't have the ability to post photos, but actually we all should know what a P89 slide looks like. What would an amateur photo tell anyone? It came from CDNN about 4 years ago.

roylt

Hunter
You can put a real old style 89 upper on a newer frame and it may seem to function but the lock up would not really be correct. The old style barrels had a flat lockup vs the newer units have a slant.

Good luck to you in your sale.

Specs

Single-Sixer
roylt said:
You can put a real old style 89 upper on a newer frame and it may seem to function but the lock up would not really be correct. The old style barrels had a flat lockup vs the newer units have a slant.

Good luck to you in your sale.

I just fired 3 rounds through both setups and they both work fine, and appear to be identical in appearance. BTW, do you have interest in the parts or are you just "interested"?