P series, specifically 89

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roylt

Hunter
I want all the info I can get on the P89. I am currently addicted to this gun.

Does anyone know why some have the loop on the butt and others don't? At first I thought it was damage that caused it to be missing on a gun I was watching at gunbroker but then looked at others and see it gone. Maybe a date change?

Also I'm looking to get a KP89DC and wondered about the polished slid vs the bead blast. Why the difference? I think I'll go for the polished but what ever I find first the cheapest will probably end up in my collection.

Thanks in advance.

Below is the pistols I currently have. (note P89 is double but really only have one)

P90

Single-Sixer
The lanyard ring is just a stop for the hammer spring. They can be added or taken off. Polish or bead blast would just be a personal choice. I do like the Stainless Slide and Decocker.

roylt

Hunter
With all the P guns I can't believe no one else has posted?

I am new to guns and have 2 P units. Oh well.

roylt

Hunter
I know a FFL that has serial numbered sets for sell. I would never change the barrel so I don't really care about the X.

I did just get a KP89DC though. Waiting for it to get here from TX.

Flash

Buckeye
I believe the lanyard loop was being faded out towards the end. None of the guns produced in the last production runs have the loop. The spring retainer probably cost twice as much to produce with the loop and when the decision to axe the 89 was made, it was most likely dropped on the last run of retainers.

roylt

Hunter
Got my KP89DC yesterday.

I screwed up a little though. My Blue unit takes the current magazine and this one takes the older style. I really wanted them to use the same mag.

I actually made a deal on a newer style stainless mag to go with the KP but now it will have to be extra for my blue.

Latest posts