P Series Challenge for June - FINAL WINNERS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
Guys ... Since the Springfields and CZs dominated the May contest, how about a Ruger P Series pistol Challenge for the month of June (after all this is a Ruger forum :lol:). I was thinking:
* 10 yards (to help those of us older guys who struggled at 15 yards without optics)
* Standing, off hand & no optics
* Best 5 shot group size (measured center to center)
* One division for 9mm and a seperate division for .45acp & .40 S&W
* Post your best group with the opportunity to update if you shoot a better group as the month goes on.

If enough folks are interested, I'll post a target ... let me know what you guys think.

JimEG

Bearcat
Thanks Buck,
Count me in, along with my P90. I have been looking for a good excuse to reload some more rounds and to get back out to the range! :D
Jim

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
JimEG":1m14hk63 said:
Thanks Buck,
Count me in, along with my P90. I have been looking for a good excuse to reload some more rounds and to get back out to the range! :D
Jim
It should be interesting to see how the P345s & P97s fair against the P90s, and how the P85s & P89s stack up against the P95s :wink:

revhigh

Hawkeye
You're gonna need a bigger target ... :D

Good contest Buck ... I guess I can't participate ... aint got no P-series anymore :cry:

Stickied it for you ... if you want it released from stickiness ... just let me know.

REV

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
revhigh":2j9ft1dt said:
You're gonna need a bigger target ... :D REV
REV ... Thanks for the sticky ... I think you may be surprised at some of the results :wink:

revhigh":2j9ft1dt said:
Good contest Buck ... I guess I can't participate ... aint got no P-series anymore :cry: REV
This is the perfect opportunity for you to pick up that P90 you've been secretly thinking about for a while (or surely you can borrow one from a friend). We can have a special one on one grudge match ... REV90 vs BUCK345 :lol:

revhigh

Hawkeye
I'll see if I can dig one up .... what's up with the distance being shortened ?? Rugers need a handicap ??? :D

REV

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
revhigh":y3rwxtk3 said:
I'll see if I can dig one up .... what's up with the distance being shortened ?? Rugers need a handicap ??? :D

REV
No handicap needed ... just thought a shorter distance might encourage more people to participate this month. If you want to have an additional division or bonus challenge for .45s at 45' ... I'm game :wink:.

ruger_fan

Bearcat
ArmedinAZ":3m4h2kv4 said:
So the SR9(c) guys can't play?

Yeah, what's up with that. :D

10 yards too... :D

Hey, wait, that's exactly what I shot last Saturday for the last match.....but ended up at a range that only had 10 yard lanes (and I didn't know it before hand - wasn't on their website), so I didn't post 'em up.

Oh, well. Targets long gone now. :roll:

Maybe I'll get back in a couple of weeks if I get some slack time from work.

revhigh

Hawkeye
ruger_fan":3ftoua13 said:
ArmedinAZ":3ftoua13 said:

Yeah, what's up with that. :D

10 yards too... :D

Only REAL guns (read metal) need apply ..... :D

Even a Ruger Pee, I mean P-Series can hit the target at 10 yards ... :D

I can throw bullets at the target at 10 yards and get a 2 inch group !!

REV

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
ArmedinAZ":xjiw04gv said:
Armed ... I would like to keep this one as a match for the P-Series purists if you Striker fired fellows don't mind :wink:

Maybe you can set up an alternate match for the SR guys or just plan on a Striker fired challenge for July (then all of the glock and XD guys can see if they have what it takes to beat the mighty SR9 :lol:)

ruger_fan

Bearcat
revhigh":1at69c3p said:
Only REAL guns (read metal) need apply ..... :D

Even a Ruger Pee, I mean P-Series can hit the target at 10 yards ... :D

I can throw bullets at the target at 10 yards and get a 2 inch group !!

REV

Then I guess everyone with a P345 shouldn't enter this challenge? :roll:

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
revhigh":3q5qndto said:
Only REAL guns (read metal) need apply ..... :D REV
REV ... Last I checked my P95 & P345 had polymer grip frames :lol:

revhigh":3q5qndto said:
Even a Ruger Pee, I mean P-Series can hit the target at 10 yards ... I can throw bullets at the target at 10 yards and get a 2 inch group !! REV
Be careful REV ... You might end up starting REVs 10 yard / 2" group bullet throwing challenge :lol:

revhigh

Hawkeye
BuckJM53":3lf045l0 said:
revhigh":3lf045l0 said:
Only REAL guns (read metal) need apply ..... :D REV

REV ... Last I checked my P95 & P345 had polymer grip frames :lol:

revhigh":3lf045l0 said:
Even a Ruger Pee, I mean P-Series can hit the target at 10 yards ... I can throw bullets at the target at 10 yards and get a 2 inch group !! REV
Be careful REV ... You might end up starting REVs 10 yard / 2" group bullet throwing challenge :lol:

LOL !! I know there's polymer P's ... just keeping you guys on your toes !! My favorite P is a polymer ... the P95 ... wish I had one to borrow, I'd like to join in this one. I'll have to put out a call to the guys in the gun club to see if anybody has one. I know a guy who had one a few years ago but don't know if he still has it, plus I haven't seen him around lately.

I can put 50 9MM rounds in a 5 inch group or less from 10 yards throwing them at the target .... guaranteed.

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
BuckJM53":xbhy3ftr said:
Then all of the glock and XD guys can see if they have what it takes to beat the mighty SR9 :lol:)

Now yer talkin' ... I'll break out my 10MM G20 .... that wussy little 9MM will be quaking in it's holster. :D

REV

Al James

Hunter
BuckJM53":1mrflbi5 said:
We could use this target (can either print in color or put an orange dot in the center to assist with sight alignment if printed in gray scale)
http://www.mytargets.com/Target4%20red%20circles.pdf

So is this the official target then? Sorry I missed the last one! I have this one P89 that seems to be more accurate than most. I will give it a try as soon as I get the go ahead on the target. CZ's and Springfields? 1911's or XD's? I assume the 75 family did well because they have always shot well. They used to be under rated and under priced IMO. Now they are priced more in relation to their quality/accuracy, especially when compared to US built guns.