P-95 for duty use?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cjcutter1

Bearcat
Curious about any agenices that may issue or use the 95, such as police,military,corrections,goverment,and or conservation officers.I have had my 95dc for a few years now it was my first semiauto and really enjoy the gun. Wondered if any professionals used the same gun for daily duty.Thanks for any input.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
The US Army has used the P-95 as a weapon for tank crews. I read in American Rifleman that the US Bureau of Prisons has also purchased them. They seem to be fairly popular with cops who work for small agencies and have to purchase their own weapons.

Al James

Hunter
kel ruger man said:
i would think the realiabilty issues would not allow them to

:shock: Reliability issues? Reliably firing every time you pull the trigger, ejecting the casing, loading another one, repeating until empty you mean? The only issue I have ever had is affording more ammo.

Thunderhawk

Single-Sixer
kel ruger man said:

Really interested in hearing about these issues. I have 2 P-95s, and they are as reliable, if not more so, that any other handgun I own.

Rodney72

Bearcat
kel ruger man said:

I had to read this twice to make sure I had read it correctly. This has to be one of the most across-the-board-reliable guns ever. There's a thread going on another forum about the most underrated guns ever and the Ruger P-series is mentioned several times.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I've never had a function problem with my P95. I'm amazed how reliable it is. I think alot of folks don't take the 95 seriously because its inexpensive. If Ruger charged $500.00+ for them, like other gunmakers do, people would praise them in cathedrals.

Tommyhof

Bearcat
I've had my P95 for a year now and have put maybe 2000 rds though it, about 1500 of those are reloads, 4.0 grs of bullseye, 125 LRN with no issues. I would trust this gun with my life.

revhigh

Hawkeye
I think kelrugerman is confusing the 95 with some other Ruger semiauto. Everybody knows I really don't care for Ruger semi's, but the 95 is one that I wholeheartedly endorse. There's never been any skeletons in it's closet, it's never had a recall, and it is just stone cold reliable.

There's NOTHING wrong with the 95 ... never has been, and most likely never will be. I've said for many years it's the best Ruger CF semi ever made. It still is.

REV

yangsta

Bearcat
Al James said:
kel ruger man said:

:shock: Reliability issues? Reliably firing every time you pull the trigger, ejecting the casing, loading another one, repeating until empty you mean? The only issue I have ever had is affording more ammo.

I'm with Al on this one.

Rodney72

Bearcat
FergusonTO35 said:
I think alot of folks don't take the 95 seriously because its inexpensive. If Ruger charged $500.00+ for them, like other gunmakers do, people would praise them in cathedrals.

I couldn't agree with this more.

kel ruger man

Single-Sixer
mine were junk, jammed all the time...boat anchors, never will buy another ruger semi again. i will stick with the wheel guns

9isFine

Bearcat
kel ruger man said:
mine were junk, jammed all the time...boat anchors, never will buy another ruger semi again. i will stick with the wheel guns

:roll: Really?..come on..
I wouldn't only trust my life on it..I trust my wifes life on it.
She loves it and why not?
1.Accurate.
2.Feeds and fires any 9mm ammo accurately
3.Easy rack slide
4.De-cock
5.Holds 16 rounds(one in the pipe) of Gold Dot.
6.Reliably fires the 16 rounds of Gold Dot fury.

kel ruger man

Single-Sixer
sorry, i just feel the gun is way over rated. unless i was using the best ammo, that gun would jam all the time. would never trust it. the only thing i agree with is the easy rack slide. the grip sucks and its to damn big to carry. never stayed open on the last shot....that gun really discusted me. i just feel that ruger has missed the boat when it comes to semi pistols. i wanted to like the gun, but i rather have my CZ any day of the week, it just blows any ruger away, including the SRs

BulkAmmo

Bearcat
My brother and I both picked up P series pistols quite a few years ago. I don't have a round count for either, but I have never had any issues with mine. Granted it doesn't get much use these days but I couldn't see myself getting rid of it anytime soon.

I haven't seen any used by law enforcement in my area. Which makes me wonder. I am always checking out peace officers firearms to see what they are carrying. I wonder if they notice or if it makes them feel uncomfortable.

Al James

Hunter
kel ruger man said:
sorry, i just feel the gun is way over rated. unless i was using the best ammo, that gun would jam all the time. would never trust it. the only thing i agree with is the easy rack slide. the grip sucks and its to damn big to carry. never stayed open on the last shot....that gun really discusted me. i just feel that ruger has missed the boat when it comes to semi pistols. i wanted to like the gun, but i rather have my CZ any day of the week, it just blows any ruger away, including the SRs

Perhaps you had bad/wrong mags? Did you ever call Ruger about your issues? Of course they wouldn't have been able to help you on its size but did you plan on CCW use when you bought it? What CZ do you have that is easier to carry? CZ's are great pistols but a steel 75 certainly doesn't carry any better and my P01 feels about the same IMO. You have to be the first one here that has been "disgusted" by a P95 but I understand that feeling about certain guns if they prove to be unreliable.

Rodney72

Bearcat
kel ruger man said:

Maybe you just got a lemon. It happens. But it appears as though the vast majority of people have had zero problems with the P95.