Oops, I went to cheatin on my Bisleys again.....Suggestions?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunsbam69

Hunter
I picked this 6" model 83 in .475 Linebaugh up from a friend out in Cody a few weeks ago to sell for him. Somehow I ended up selling it to myself. It just fits me and works easy with my favorite .475 load, and is here to stay til death do us part ain't @#$%&?! ya :!: I'd like to see other Model 83 revolvers with custom work done to them. I don't care what the custom work is, I wanna see it. I already have list of things I wanna do on this one, but it's staying a factory tuned action 6". PLEASE feel free to post your custom Model 83 pics here. Model 83 only please :mrgreen:

Spencer

Single-Sixer
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I thought so!!!!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sending you a text right now, we need to TALK!!!

Spencer

Single-Sixer
Joe S. said:
Now THAT'S a cartridge slide!!

Following...
Yes it IS!!!

I have a little 6 cartridge slide on my El Paso Saddlery 2.25" gun belt. spend a lot of time wishing I had bought an actual cartridge belt but didn't want 4. one for each caliber. .44, .357, .32 and .22
Bingo, problem solved.....Doc comes through again!!!!
Can't wait.......worse than a kid waiting for Christmas

contender

Ruger Guru
Nice gun and my 83 is an earlier one,,, in 454 Casull. But many here have "noticed" Doc Barranti's FINE leather work. It's kinda stole the show so to speak.
If y'all don't know, in the current edition of American Handgunner, Doc has been highlighted in an article. His work is some of the best I've ever seen and I'm not alone in these thoughts.
A fine gun deserves fine leather to wear, and when I saw this picture,,, I knew the work immediately.

Overall,,,, an excellent pic of some serious subjects!

Zeus

Blackhawk
There just isn't a whole lot to do to a FA. I have some with octagons and scopes and fancy crowns, nice stocks, and such but overall, they don't change much. But they will flat out shoot!! I have had customs from everyone out there and still have some of hem but hands down for me personally, they can all go before the FAs! Now, Kings6 has had Bisley Spurs mated with the hammer to fit him better and such but mine are all done in house at FA so no real crazy stuff.

Nice leather, just doesn't get much better than that set up with the leather, gun, knife etc!

gunsbam69

Hunter
Oh but there's MUCH you can do to an FA. They're a fine base to work off of. Just hardly anyone does it. I was hopin there were some FA customizers hidin in the wood pile but oh well. I'll plow the course alone on this one 8)

contender

Ruger Guru
I think most folks who order a Fa,,,, get the options to "customize" their guns from the get go. Not many do work after they get it done.

contender

Ruger Guru
Over the years,,, I've not often heard of folks who have changed a FA from how it was made. Even when they bought it second hand. And when they do, they usually send it back to FA for changes. But most just buy one they "like" when they see it, when buying second hand. I know mine fits the bill of what I wanted in one.