OM Trigger Set Identification

Help Support Ruger Forum:

avery53

Bearcat
I picked up an OM trigger set at a sale this weekend, which contains all the parts for an OM revolver.
The person thought it was for a single six, but was not sure.
How can I identify what model this kit goes to?
Thanks for any help
avery

flatgate

Hawkeye
The Single-Six uses a much shorter hammer than do the centerfires. The .357 mag OM's use a slightly smaller hammer than do the other Blackhawks.

The pawls are also sized according to the cylinder frame dimensions as are the base pins.

Early guns have well curved triggers but the later examples used a bit straighter design.

Perhaps someone has some pics for 'ya........ sorry, but, I don't.

I guess it could even be a set of parts for the OM Bearcat....... :roll:

flatgate

G2

Hunter
Send the parts to me and I will tell you what you HAD! :shock: :lol:

WMG's Picture;
19212007.jpg

Hawkeye, Super Blackhawk, Large BH, Medium BH, Single Six, Super SS, Bearcat.

:idea: Post a good, Not Blurry photo of the parts, it's worth a 1000 words, and you will get more opinions than you probably want. :roll:

avery53

Bearcat
From the pictures, iy looks like it is a Single Six.
I attached a couple of pics, it looks like the hammer has a part that is broken off. Don't know what the part is called.
Is it fixable?
Thanks
avery
IMG_0266_rs.jpg

IMG_0268_rs.jpg

flatgate

Hawkeye
avery53 said:
it looks like the hammer has a part that is broken off. Don't know what the part is called. Is it fixable?

Hmm, I guess I just can't quite see what you are talking about. Is the second "notch" in the hammer damaged? That's the most common malady.

Are you confusing the tiny little "full cock" notch as a "damaged part"?

flatgate

avery53

Bearcat
The hammer looks fine, except for the (plunger). I didn't know what it was called. :oops:
Is it supposed to be attached to the hammer, or does it just slode in the notch?
Thanks
avery

G2

Hunter
Good eye SAJohn.

See the little pin that is in the hammer, it is holding the rest of the plunger with a spring behind it.

Put a towel over the hammer and push the little pin out, spring will push the rest of the plunger out, then you want to pull the spring out, make a little 90 degree hook out of a small paper clip and snag it.

I don't have a extra plunger right at the moment but if you post a WTB, I'm sure somebody will have one for you.

Or if your going to sell the lot.... leave it all alone, point out the fact that plunger is broke, post the parts for $50 and say goodby.
Normally that set sells for $60.

Should you decide to pull it apart,,,, DON"T do it over carpet, and have a magnet to hold the little retaining pin, for some reason they grow legs and get lost easy.