OM Single Six Type 1 transition w/ Micro sights

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JCW64

Single-Sixer
I picked this up a few months back and I had a hunch it was a single cylinder gun. Ruger confirmed it was shipped as a RSS5W when I received the letter in the mail today although they could not confirm the Micro sights. :( It has a steel ERH,small SN and the typical gray gripframe found on guns of that 1963 era.

ten22

Single-Sixer
Ruger has never lettered a micro sight gun to my knowledge. It was all aftermarket installs, either by micro, or the LGS.

Neat gun.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
Oooo....mine has walnut now only because I put some on to replace the early 70's ones that were on it when I got it. I hope mine is a W as the rubber ones cost a lot more and don't look as nice to me. Bet that's why the originals were gone. We'll see.....

Thanks street.

street

Hunter
GasGuzzler said:
Oooo....mine has walnut now only because I put some on to replace the early 70's ones that were on it when I got it. I hope mine is a W as the rubber ones cost a lot more and don't look as nice to me. Bet that's why the originals were gone. We'll see.....

Thanks street.
If your gun is the one that we talked about earlier that was made in 1965 then the model number will be RSS5W, if it letters as a single cylinder 22 LR only. If it letters as a convertible then the model number will be RSS5X. Both models will have "Walnut grips" as the grip frames will be XR3-RED. Ruger only made the Hard Rubber grips for the XR3 grip frame, which they stop making in 1962. Your grips should be the small neck black eagle grips.