Off the wall question: 357 Sig caliber rifle (Arrived!)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

It's a neat Idea that I was tempted to try but I think I've gotten too old for all the ifs on this idea... PC40 to PC357 sig....

so, at least for now I'm ordering the TNW Aero Survival Rifle in 357 sig.... then I only either have to figure out how to 'convert' it to Sig P226 40/357 magazines or heck just buy a dern Glock....

the only problem with all this is that I now see there is the option to convert that rifle to a number of other calibers as well as other accessories ......

"It actually began about 15 years ago "
Me X2. It began with a swap for a Marlin Camp 9. Then I decided I needed a S&W pistol to utilize those magazines. Then it was a pair of Win Trapper 94's (a 357 and a 44) to match the Blackhawk and Super Blackhawk. Then I added a PC9 to go with the KP95DC I was carrying at that time. Now I've gone completely rogue and have a couple of AR9 "pistols" that use GLOCK mags and have occasional thoughts of getting(or ghosting) a pistol that uses those mags.
My friend asked me yesterday about an AR9 for a "behind the seat" civil unrest prepper tool. He already drank the GLOCK koolaid so it's an easy fix for him.

Dern Mobuck, except for the AR pistols we are pretty much on the same page... I thought about an AR9 for a while but am now one step above that I think with the 357 sig round.... in what is pretty much and AR type rifle that the barrel comes off and attaches easily....

9x19

Hunter
Next stop, the 10mm... :D

QHDfIxd.jpg

Cool 9x19, you know the 357 sig round is actually a 10mm round necked down to 9mm.

The interesting thing about these is it seems the receiver is the numbered part and you can get conversion kits for it in other calibers.

9x19

Hunter
I thought the .40 was the parent case for the .357 Sig?

Yes, just like an AR15... :D Althought on the TNW, you can change trigger groups to change magazine sizes, and keep the same 'receiver'.

9x19

Hunter
Honestly, I've never delved deeply enough into the specifics to say for certain.

Just figured since the .357 fits in the same magazines, it was more likely a .40 necked down than a 10mm necked down and trimmed.

The .40 and 10mm do share the same bullet diameter.

Well it came in.. picked up late yesterday.... don't know when I'll get to the range... and I've still got to find the red dot sight I swear I have sitting around somewhere to go on it.... also have ordered a barrel shroud for it.

An interesting concept. Sort of a combination of M3 (grease gun) and AR. Looks like the threaded & perforated sleeve on the barrel is the barrel retainer? Uses AR fire control parts?

These are supposed to be 'surprisingly accurate' from what I've seen in reviews on the internet. The lower actually does not use AR parts and that was one of the few negatives I saw. Trigger is not great and so you can't just trade the workings out for something better. Simple blow back design.... takes most of 5 seconds to take the barrel off....

I found the Sig Romeo red dot site I had bought I think from someone here.... of course easy to mount on but then I'm trying to figure out how to get it sighted in approximately before taking it to the range....

So, had to figure out how to break the gun down and take the rear stock, tube & spring off and then get the bolt out... put the barrel back on and then clamp the rifle in a vice and look through the rear and find a point about 20ft away....then I lined the red dot up on that point.... I think that will get me close

toysoldier

Hunter
9x19 said:
Just figured since the .357 fits in the same magazines, it was more likely a .40 necked down than a 10mm necked down and trimmed.

The .357 Sig is a higher-pressure round, and needs the extra thickness of the 10mm case.

Work has been good to me this year... too good to a degree.... looks like I will get employee of the year again and the 'pistol' below will be my bonus Christmas gift.... as long as the BATFE doesn't outlaw them before it is shipped and transferred through my FFL. (I'll worry about what they do later... later)

A couple of years back I got the "employee of the year" award here at my company.

Hope the BATFE doesn't read this)

that year my gift from the company was a still from a company out of Texas.... 6 gallons of mash goes in .... 1/2 gallon of 180 proof comes out....

by the way... just to be clear.... I am a sole proprietor with no employees other than my dog.