No More All-Weather Hawkeye Rifles???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
The Hawkeye never appealed to me because of what I think is a crappy finish inferior to the satin stainless MkII's. If they dropped it , maybe plenty of others felt the same way and add in the cheap plastic rifles that they cant make fast enough?

Kudu m77

Single-Sixer
I would like to see Ruger produce a stainless m77 with a composite stock as they use on the scout rifle now. Seems like a high quality solid stock.

Pieter

Leucoandro

Single-Sixer
I think an issue has a lot to do with Ruger pricing.

The synthetic stocks that Ruger offered on their rifles were less expensive than their laminated stocks or walnut stocks, yet Ruger priced the rifles the same.

I think quiet a few people decided to skip synthetic when walnut was the same price.
The American Rifle also gave people a far less expensive option for a synthetic stock.

Savage sells the synthetic stocked versions of the 10/110 and 11/111 for about $100 less than wood stocked versions of the same models.
Remington sells the synthetic stocked versions of the 700 for less than the wood stocked versions.

Charlie

kooz

Blackhawk
Bear Paw Jack said:
They are changing the stock on the stainless Ruger American Rifle though. I'm with you I prefer the MK II rifle to the Hawkeye. Hopefully at some point Ruger will bring back the (real) stainless rifles.

Can you elaborate on the RAR stock change please. Seems I heard this somewhere else too. would be nice if they offered a stock that was a bit more rigid. Thanks

GAO LLC

Single-Sixer
Kudu m77 said:
I would like to see Ruger produce a stainless m77 with a composite stock as they use on the scout rifle now. Seems like a high quality solid stock.

Pieter
They did a model called the Hawkeye Stainless Sporter with a standard style laminated stock, drop floorplate, etc. Discontinued in 2013. I have 3 in 308 in my inventory.

Latest posts