New SR9c

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RUGERFAN357

Bearcat
I have a SR9 and love it. But it is a full size gun. Never the less it was my normal carry gun. Ever since I saw the SR9c I wanted one. But being disabled and on SS, funds are not available to just buy a gun. I had a Walthers P22 that I could not get to like. Especially after reading some things. I have been wanting to sell or trade it. I also had a Henry pump action 22. Holding the rifle and pumping the gun bothered me because of my physical problem. I went to the gun club with it one last time, and decided to trade it and the Walther in on something. I was thinking a 22LR revolver, since I was trading 22's. I looked at some and was just about decided on one. Then he told me what he would give me for my 2 guns. It was well over a $100 more than I expected to get. So my mind started thinking about some other handguns I might like for that price range. I looked at the Ruger LCR. Love it. But then I asked to see the SR9c. It was a black slide model. As soon as I saw it, it was the one. I asked if he had one in SS. And he did. I said, That's the one. So now I have a SR9 amd a SR9c. I got 200 rounds of ammo to put through her tomorrow morning. I still need to clean her before I go. I am really looking forward to shooting it. I have gotten pretty accurate with my SR9. I expect no difference with the SR9c.

If I decide to sell/ trade the full size SR9, I will add my Taurus 850 to it and get a LCR. Then I will be all set. But I don't know if I can bring myself to get rid of my SR9.

Bill

Mike J

Hunter
Let us know how it shoots Rugerfan. I can understand why you wouldn't want to part with your SR9. I have 2 fullsized .40 caliber pistols. I usually carry my XD but I still have my old P-944. It is hard for me to part with a gun that is reliable & decently accurate.

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
After shooting my SR9 for awhile I knew i had to have a SR9C for the wife & was lucky to find one quickly 8)
I still wanted a Springfield XD 45 ( unexplainable craving) & was on the verge of trading my SR9 in on one ( xtra cash is hard to come by )-
After serious thought (uncharistic of me) I decided to keep the SR9 & trade a real nice 38 I swore i'd allways keep + 900rds ammo in ---- Have not regreated it :wink:

But now i want a FN9 :roll:

ee.jpg

Strange

Bearcat
Every time I think about my next pistol the first one that comes to mind is the SR9c to go with its big brother SR9...

kybandit

Bearcat
I liked the full size SR9 so well that I got its baby brother for my carry gun rotation; both are great fun to shoot... Gotta love those Rugers.

RUGERFAN357

Bearcat
Well I got to the gun club today to shoot my latest love. I shot 150 rounds without a single problem. Every time I pulled the trigger, she went bang. The trigger feels a little better than my SR9. I like it a lot. I do seem to shoot my SR9 better, even when I use the 17 round mag with adapter. I think them giving a larger second mag and that great adapter is genious. My friend kept commenting on how much he liked the idea. And we both agread other companies are going to follow. I plan on spending a lot of time dry firing it. And look forward to my next trip to the club.

I am not sure what I am going to do with my SR9. But I am not going to rush into a decision. Only thing tempting me to trade it is the LCR. I love revolvers and especially snubs. Time will tell.

Bill

EdgeSR9

Bearcat
I like the XD's also,but can't get over that little bump in the trigger guard

RUGERFAN357

Bearcat
I have to admit as much as I love my SR9c, I do kind of regret not gettting the LCR. I love revolvers and especially thee LCR. I neeed to figure out a way to get one. Right now the only way I know is to trade my SR9 and Taurus 850. I wish I had the money to just buy it.

Bill