New SR9c Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pocketrocket47

Bearcat
owsi26":geh8k600 said:
sdoyl123":geh8k600 said:
Just took out my SR9c today and I could only get 1 round off. It would not eject the spent round.
I cleaned the gun lightly when I got it to remove the excess oil and grease. 1 thing I notice is the slide is very hard to move. I have the SR9 and it is a breeze to rack, the SR9c is very stiff. Will this loosen up after shooting? I think this is part of the problem, as the slide does not fully extend to kick out the spent case and feed in the new round.
Any suggestions. I took the slide off and re-cleaned the spring and guide rod. I also worked the slide about 50 times. (that was a work out).
For the record the 6 shots I fired where all dead on.

I haven't taken my SR9c to the range yet. But, I can tell you that the slide, on mine, is also hard to rack. I have read others saying the same thing, that the SR9's slide is easier to rack than the compact.

You said it didn't eject the first spent round, was it partially ejected or did it not move at all? I assume that you had a firm grip on it when you fired.

It was suggested to me to leave the slide open, locked back with slide release, overnight and it should loosen up a bit.

pocketrocket47":2xuxhgu7 said:
owsi26":2xuxhgu7 said:
sdoyl123":2xuxhgu7 said:
Just took out my SR9c today and I could only get 1 round off. It would not eject the spent round.
I cleaned the gun lightly when I got it to remove the excess oil and grease. 1 thing I notice is the slide is very hard to move. I have the SR9 and it is a breeze to rack, the SR9c is very stiff. Will this loosen up after shooting? I think this is part of the problem, as the slide does not fully extend to kick out the spent case and feed in the new round.
Any suggestions. I took the slide off and re-cleaned the spring and guide rod. I also worked the slide about 50 times. (that was a work out).
For the record the 6 shots I fired where all dead on.

I haven't taken my SR9c to the range yet. But, I can tell you that the slide, on mine, is also hard to rack. I have read others saying the same thing, that the SR9's slide is easier to rack than the compact.

You said it didn't eject the first spent round, was it partially ejected or did it not move at all? I assume that you had a firm grip on it when you fired.

It was suggested to me to leave the slide open, locked back with slide release, overnight and it should loosen up a bit.

Tried that and it help alot. Heading out to the range this weekend to try her out again. Will keep you posted. Thanks for the tips.

Lateck

Single-Sixer
I just took my new 9c out (or should I say "In" ) to the range.
Got a box of cheep 115 gr FMJ ammo and went and fired them off.
GREAT little gun!!! :p Not one problem and I put them on target! Of the first ten rounds fired at 10 yards All were in the 9 ring and three X's.
I went ahead and ran another box plus some JHP's (125 Rd's total) and not a single issue.
I will agree that the slide is a little stiffer than my SIG or Glock, but I never gave it a second thought until I read this post. (Now that I thing about it my LCP's slide is stiffer too).

Lateck,

pocketrocket47

Bearcat
Lateck":eryegdc5 said:
I just took my new 9c out (or should I say "In" ) to the range.
Got a box of cheep 115 gr FMJ ammo and went and fired them off.
GREAT little gun!!! :p Not one problem and I put them on target! Of the first ten rounds fired at 10 yards All were in the 9 ring and three X's.
I went ahead and ran another box plus some JHP's (125 Rd's total) and not a single issue.
I will agree that the slide is a little stiffer than my SIG or Glock, but I never gave it a second thought until I read this post. (Now that I thing about it my LCP's slide is stiffer too).

Lateck,

Happy for you! Yeah, its like getting a new puppy, we want it to do what we want, but hey.. its a puppy and its gonna do what puppies do. Once WE get acclimated to them, not them to us....things appear to get a little better. At least thats been my experience with several guns I own. Continued luck with your puppie and most of all have fun and stay safe.

Finaly back to the range with the SR9c. Tried out 5 different brands/kinds of ammo this time and had better results.
Also followed one of the post about about leaving the slide rack for a few days and that help alot.
Here is the recap:
Winchester 115gr 100 rd target box- Still the same issue. At best got 2 rounds off before I got stovepipes.
Remington 115 gr white/green box- Fired most of the time but had at least 1 or 2 per mag that would not cycle the slide enough to work the action. It chambered but the trigger was not reset.
Indepedence 115 gr - Worked great. Went through 2 ten rd mags and 2 17 rd mags with no problems.
Blazer 115 gr Aluminum case - No problem. Went through 2 of each mag with no problems.
Blazer Gold 115 gr- Same as above. No problem.
I fired the Winchester in my SR9 and had no issues. The SR9c just does not like it.
Also, the SR9c shot very good. like the feel with the short mag for CCW.

Thanks for all the help and tips.

Hunter11

Bearcat
I picked up a new SR9c Stainless this afternoon for $370 + tax. I won't get to shoot it for a couple of weeks. Not sure I am going to like the 17 rd mag, I may have to buy another 10 rd or trade the 17 rd to someone for another 10 rd. I am sure it will be as dependable as the rest of my Rugers.

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
Hunter11":3c583kl3 said:
I picked up a new SR9c Stainless this afternoon for $370 + tax. I won't get to shoot it for a couple of weeks. Not sure I am going to like the 17 rd mag, I may have to buy another 10 rd or trade the 17 rd to someone for another 10 rd. I am sure it will be as dependable as the rest of my Rugers.

My wife did'nt like the 17rd either :(
So i took it away from her for my SR9 :lol:
Course i had to buy her two more 10 rounders :evil: :D
You'll love it- seriously 8)