New Ruger SR-40-C Barrel Scratches and Rings?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Airbrush Artist

Bearcat
I have Got scratches and rings on the barrel of my new SR40-C,noticed them after I got the firearm home,Never have fired it,I purchased it new Tuesday at Woodbury Outfitters, called them and they wanted nothing to do with the gun{UGH] REALLY! they sure wanted that $460 though..I called Ruger tech and he said Nothing to be concerned with and that the slide "Would" scratch the barrel and the scratches were from machining..any input on my next step? Thanks anyone else noticed this on their barrels?https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1240559_10201902662269506_1264413203_n.jpg

revhigh

Hawkeye
Rough fit and finish is why it cost $400, not $700-800 like Sigs and CZ's.

Nothing to worry about, really. Shoot it and don't worry about it !

REV

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
The brl on my 40c looks just like yours. I think I have about 5 to 600 rds through it and the groves and rings have not changed or look to be deeper.

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
By the way Airbrush, thanks for sending me to the car to look at my 40. It was in need of some action, it was past time for some maintenance. Holy smokes its getting hard to keep up with all of them. Must be nuts, I've got them stashed everywhere!!!!!!!

Airbrush Artist

Bearcat
LOL, That's hilarious JP,OMG..I lost one round out of my Colt .38 Detective Special when I was unloading in the dark and can't find it anywhere in My car ,I heard it hitting plastics and where it went I do not know, I've done everything but rip my entire interior out, and you have lost a whole handgun in your car. I don't feel so bad now. Thank You...

Airbrush Artist

Bearcat
revhigh said:
Rough fit and finish is why it cost $400, not $700-800 like Sigs and CZ's.

Nothing to worry about, really. Shoot it and don't worry about it !

REV
Your right Rev,after I took the one I had back tonight the managers exchanged it after I threaten to ruin His business base after negotiating with them a hour, so he finally caved and I get the new one to the car Racked the slide its scratched too, but not near as bad as the first one I purchased..

revhigh

Hawkeye
I'd think they're all gonna end up the same in the long run. Nothing to worry about really. Glad you got it replaced if that's what you wanted.

REV

tjhodges310

Bearcat
My guess is that the scratches are from test firing. The barrel won't look pretty for long when you starting putting zingers down range. I would live with it unless it looks like someone was trying to engrave something in the barrel.

Airbrush Artist

Bearcat
Thanks Everyone,I Love this firearm even with a few scratches..Beretta 9mm EDC is going in the safe for special Events..Ruger SR40C is now traveling with me Daily,getting ready to take the some Tactical Protection Training with it for My summer job.

6gun

Hunter
Do you also take your tires back after they get dirty from driving on them? barrel scratches are normal wear and tear from using the gun, if you don't want it scratched then make it a safe queen and never use it just polish the pretty unused barrel and admire it.

Airbrush Artist

Bearcat
Nope I do not do safe queens, I in fact Carry a 1973 Colt 38 Detective Special on the days I need to grab and go, I have been offered $900 for it, the point is If I buy something new ,I expect it to be new at least till I use it...
BestDS_zpsef57f8f5.jpg