New Ruger Commander , what holster ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

brushunter

Single-Sixer
I finally did it ... traded my old Smith 66 for the Commander. Took it out today , put about 100 or so rounds of various weights and measure through it. Functioned very well. I did a search , found a thread from May 2013 regarding holsters for the SR , a few good suggestions and pics. I like the Taqua holster, looks good. Question is ... does anyone own the Mitch Rosom holster Ruger sells on their site ? If so , how do you like it ? Looks nice , and with the new gun ya get a 20% off coupon. Appreciate any and all opinions.

regards , brushunter

jl39775

Bearcat
My daily carry is a SR 1911 Commander or Glock 26 Gen 4. I have the Galco KT212B King Tuck IWB Holster for my SR 1911 Commander and Shepherd Leather IWB for my Glock. Both are great. Shepherd is cheaper and just as comfortable and effective. Shepherd only because of cost.

brushunter

Single-Sixer
Thanks , guess I shuda specified ... I'm leaning toward an OWB type holster. I've been looking and reading , really like the El Paso Saddelry Strongside Select. Looks like a nice rig. However one review I read claims it will disengage the thumb safety :? Anyone here ever have that problem with a thumb break type holster ?

brushunter

mike7mm08

Buckeye
Been real happy with my Simply Rugged tribute. Basic leather pancake type holster with thumbbreak. Holds the gun great hugs my hip real good. Designed for cocked and locked carry never had problems with it disengaging the safety. Nothing fancy but first rate quality leather gear.

brushunter

Single-Sixer
Hey ,A.W. better Check Ma law first , may be illegal ! ( only kidding ) Good luck with your permit.

Mike , I have a couple of their holsters. My first was from when they were still in Alaska. The other, just last summer. They are as they say, simply rugged ! Good quality ,, however , I was a little "peeved " shall I say , with my last purchase. I'd rather not go into detail ... and I will not bad mouth their holsters. They are good products. Thanks for your thoughts

regards , brushunter

Mike J

Hunter
The holster I have for my SR 1911 was given me by a member here ArmedinAZ. It is a Galco Fletch.

mbott

Bearcat
Galco is my current preference. Will add a SSS266B side snap scabbard tomorow for my SR1911CMD. It's fullsize brother rides in the equivalent side snap scabbard.

I just like the ability to put it on/take it off without belt removal.

--
Mike

diablos30

Bearcat
brushunter said:
I finally did it ... traded my old Smith 66 for the Commander. Took it out today , put about 100 or so rounds of various weights and measure through it. Functioned very well. I did a search , found a thread from May 2013 regarding holsters for the SR , a few good suggestions and pics. I like the Taqua holster, looks good. Question is ... does anyone own the Mitch Rosom holster Ruger sells on their site ? If so , how do you like it ? Looks nice , and with the new gun ya get a 20% off coupon. Appreciate any and all opinions.

regards , brushunter

i have the same holster for my sr40c, no complaints. great holster and you wont be disappointed.

Taqua and Blackhawk! I like them both.

Don't have a photo of the Zack Davis holster for the short 1911, but they are very much worth a look. I own them for many of my guns.
http://www.zackdavisleather.com/#!practice-page-owbav/coyj

Right2Carry

Bearcat
My DM Bullard Holster with the optional loops as I don't particular care for clips. This fits my SR1911 CMD.

3ED94A8D-4897-48B7-904B-65924E6A42C6_zpspt4jfz1n.jpg
[/URL]

sousana

Single-Sixer
Check and see what works for YOU. My holster may not fit you as you like. I carry my primary, kimber raptor that's been metaloyed, in a galco miami classic or a don hume iwb, while my bug, a kimber ultra raptor or a colt officers both metaloyed, in an ankle holster.

What I can tell you is do not skimp on your holster, get the most expensive one that works for you. Look into one that has a reinforced mouth, so that no matter what, you can reholster single handedly.

diablos30

Bearcat
14529_749362625104715_665391711_n.jpg

here is my latest, iwb/owb combo from hopp custom leather. horsehide with ostrich accents

Latest posts