New rifles from Ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rangerbob

Buckeye
I just received an e-mail with new rifle releases. #47183, a Hawkeye long range target in 300 Win Mag, #26965 and 26968, detachable box magazine Ranch rifles in 5.56 and 300 Blackout, detachable box magazine Predators in 6.5 Grendel, 223, 6mmCM, 204, 243, 6.5CM and 308 in 2 different stock colors and scope packages. It seems our complaints have reached the right ears. Bob!! :mrgreen:

picketpin

Buckeye
Well it looks like they have finally completed the change over to the next generation or more correctly the current market trends. I have no need or desire for anything simply because it fires a cartridge designed only because it'll work through the AR platform. At best some duplicate stuff I already have ballistically and most of them don't do that.

I grew up on good/great walnut and beautiful blueing. The 6.5 Creedmore certainly doesn't do anything that my 264 Win Mag will do in a 26" barreled #1. At least for hunting.

I suspect my future purchase of any NEW Ruger are down to about ZERO%

I have a couple of ARs and HKs in 223 and 308s and they fill a very narrow need/desire so the new product line leaves me.................................bored.

RWT

Bring out a run of #1s "S" or "B" in 284 WIN with bright blue and killer walnut and I'll sign up other than that...........................the rest is just boring.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
picketpin said:
I grew up on good/great walnut and beautiful blueing.
You can still have that. All you have to do is be willing to pay the huge premium it requires these days. There is a market for $5000+ beautiful rifles but it's pretty small.

Modern rifles with their mat finishes and polymer or plain "hardwood" stocks certainly aren't as esthetically pleasing as their predecessors from many decades ago but they are far more affordable and their average over-the-counter accuracy is much better. Shooters expect, nay demand, 1 MOA performance from $400 rifles these days and mostly get it. A factory 1 MOA rifle in the past made the newspapers.

Don Lovel

Hunter
GLORIOSKY ! 6.5 Grendel Predator compatible with AR mags, might we yet see a Mini 30 platform 6.5 Grendel?
The American Predator should be a great seller for them, dang nice light back country hunting rifle with plenty of downrange performance of the 6.5 in a 22" barrel. Thank you Ruger
https://www.ruger.com/products/americanRiflePredator/specSheets/26922.html

mac66

Single-Sixer
Really like the idea of a Ranch rifle in 223 & 300 that use AR mags, kinda a no brainer.

rangerbob

Buckeye
I did not mention it in my original post due to lack of time. It seems the new predators in 308 based cartridges now take the AI magazine pattern mags as used in the Scout rifle, hence the 3 round listing. The photos on Ruger's website appear to have the polymer 3 round Scout mag in the rifle. If one ever wanted a 10 shot 7mm-08, here is your opportunity. Bob!! 8)

22/45 Fan

Hunter
rangerbob said:
If one ever wanted a 10 shot 7mm-08, here is your opportunity.
All I want is a 5-round AI pattern magazine in .223/5.56 from Ruger for my GS Scout, preferably in polymer to keep the cost down. They are available in metal directly from Accurate Mag but at the same (high) cost as the 10-round.

If you look at the "Reviews" on ShopRuger for the 10-round AI .223/5.56 Scout and Precision Rifle magazines, most of the comments ask for a 5-round version.

wwb

Hunter
picketpin said:
Well it looks like they have finally completed the change over to the next generation or more correctly the current market trends. I have no need or desire for anything simply because it fires a cartridge designed only because it'll work through the AR platform. At best some duplicate stuff I already have ballistically and most of them don't do that...........

I am in complete agreement - but you need to own up to the fact that you and I and others like us are dinosaurs. The company is going to build what sells, and the current crop of new releases reflects that. Maybe when the youngsters of today get old and grey, they will want a polished blued finish and a nicely finished walnut stock.

Nrut

Bearcat
picketpin said:
Well it looks like they have finally completed the change over to the next generation or more correctly the current market trends. I have no need or desire for anything simply because it fires a cartridge designed only because it'll work through the AR platform. At best some duplicate stuff I already have ballistically and most of them don't do that.

I grew up on good/great walnut and beautiful blueing. The 6.5 Creedmore certainly doesn't do anything that my 264 Win Mag will do in a 26" barreled #1. At least for hunting.

I suspect my future purchase of any NEW Ruger are down to about ZERO%

I have a couple of ARs and HKs in 223 and 308s and they fill a very narrow need/desire so the new product line leaves me.................................bored.

RWT

Bring out a run of #1s "S" or "B" in 284 WIN with bright blue and killer walnut and I'll sign up other than that...........................the rest is just boring.
Thanks for sharing... :lol:

Rocdoc

Buckeye
wwb said:
Maybe when the youngsters of today get old and grey, they will want a polished blued finish and a nicely finished walnut stock.

Will not happen, stupid extended family members, 40ish plus, all in for the black guns.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
wwb said:
Maybe when the youngsters of today get old and grey and rich they will want a polished blued finish and a nicely finished walnut stock.
Fixed it for you. :) That kind of beautiful cosmetics are only going to get even more expensive.

rangerbob

Buckeye
Mini 14's will continue to use Mini 14 Magazines in their appropriate calibers. The ranch rifles and predators will use either AR-15 or Accuracy International(AI) magazines that are appropriate to their caliber. Ruger is just trying to play catch up with Howa, Remington, and Mossberg bolt actions. Bob!! 8)

dave2091

Single-Sixer
deadduck357 said:

Nice to see they haven't given up on the 77......

EZC4RNP.jpg