New Model Vaquero

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Thank you all for the compliments on the picture in the other thread about accuracy. I've gotten really tired of plain ol' pictures and I'm looking for different effects that still have an image, but aren't so boring.

Anyway, here is a New Model Vaquero. It's a long time favorite. But unfortunately, the ejector rod housing screw came off and got lost. I haven't gotten around to fixing it yet. I'll order one here in the next couple weeks.

But the effect is with Photoshop. Adobe works with "layers" Like the same image on transparent plastic on top of each other. If you change one layer, it won't change the other layers. Then you can flatten the image to produce a final image. It's pretty straight forward. These pictures have a couple different filters which get combined into one picture.
Ru8gROXl.jpg

My wife doesn't like this picture. She says it reminds her of that Stephen King book where the kid gets a high powered rifle and starts shooting at a school. In reality, it's my daughter's hand at a range in a very safe and controlled situation. But, sweetie is actually right. I'm not sure if I like it either.
w65kys8l.jpg

That's a great picture. Nothing sinister about it unless you are inclined to see evil in firearms regardless of context. Your wife knows it's a pic of her daughter and her Steven King reaction may be understandable due to that connection with the gunslinging kid plot.

Your daughter appears to have a very nice grip. Apparently she has had some good instruction. :wink:

I was just informed about the model distinction. This gun is in fact a "new" smaller framed Vaquero, not to be confused with the older, but still new model, larger framed Vaquero.

Interestingly enough, I've never seen one of the larger framed Vaqueros. Perhaps this is why I didn't understand the exact difference. I guess it's because ALL Vaquero models were developed after the change from the OM 3 screw style revolvers.

Too many choices!

And thanks to all for the compliments on the pictures. Ale-8(1) You are correct, I didn't look at the picture from the standpoint that there is "nothing sinister" about the picture because in and of themselves, there is no evil in firearms.