New Model Single Six - First Year Production !!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Star43

Buckeye
Don't forget the Arrow gun, although I am not sure how much extra premium that would bring at this particular moment, but I really do believe as time goes by, and the New Model is still going, that some folks will start to figure out that they Do deserve some respect. With that new found respect may come some bold new feeling that "wouldn't it be great to get one of the first of these New Models"....Look how long they have been around and successful and great that they work".....I do see that happening. Also It's another way for someone to make a buck !!! 👍👍

chet15

Hawkeye
I have always thought of the New Model Single Sixes built from 1973 to 1976 as transition models because they still use pre 1973 cylinders. I am sure there is some people that collect these. I have a 1974 model that has the old model cylinders. It is special to me as it belonged to my late father inlaw.

CHEVYINLINE6.
Remember though... they really aren't Old Model cylinders. Yes, on the earliest NM Super Single-Sixes the LR cylinder had a firing pin groove and the Mag. cylinder was fluted. But Ruger changed that to the LR without firing pin groove in very late 1975 along with the Mag. cylinder that was unfluted and rollmarked... at 64-20000, To be an Old model cylinder that would mean Ruger had 220,000 LR cylinders laying around as well as the same amount of Mag. cylidners. The changes made to the cylinders were really nothing more than design changes.
I'll add that the earliest stainless guns also had that change at about 64-70000, There were no old model stainless NM Super Single-Sixes.
Chet15

hittman

Staff member
As long as the early new models aren't getting much collector love and prices aren't skyrocketing and premiums aren't being added and thousands aren't looking for them …… you guys who like the single actions SHOULD BE STOCKING UP NOW!

I started accumulating a couple of double actions 20-plus years ago. To me the double actions STILL don't get the 💲💲 love they deserve. I remember a time right here when I paid almost $500 for a new-in-box 2.75 inch stainless Security Six and was criticized a bunch.

Latest posts