New member from Arizona

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Azspirit

Bearcat
Hi Everyone,

Not new to Ruger S/A's but getting back into them.
I have Ruger MK pistols and Super Blackhawks, just purchased a NM Blackhawk 5.5" convertible 45 colt & 45ACP built in 1999.

I like to mod and make my guns more to my liking, Mk pistols trigger jobs and cut and threaded barrels, Super Blackhawks free wheel pawls and grips trigger jobs.

vlavalle

Single-Sixer
Hi Everyone,

Not new to Ruger S/A's but getting back into them.
I have Ruger MK pistols and Super Blackhawks, just purchased a NM Blackhawk 5.5" convertible 45 colt & 45ACP built in 1999.

I like to mod and make my guns more to my liking, Mk pistols trigger jobs and cut and threaded barrels, Super Blackhawks free wheel pawls and grips trigger jobs.
Welcome back, and it sounds like you like your guns! I own several Ruger revolvers, and one of them is also a NM Blackhawk 5.5" Flattop convertible 45 Colt/45 ACP. Mine is stainless. I also live in AZ, and I go shooting at the outdoor Rio Salado Sportsman's Club on Usery Pass.

Azspirit

Bearcat
Welcome back, and it sounds like you like your guns! I own several Ruger revolvers, and one of them is also a NM Blackhawk 5.5" Flattop convertible 45 Colt/45 ACP. Mine is stainless. I also live in AZ, and I go shooting at the outdoor Rio Salado Sportsman's Club on Usery Pass.
I lived in Mesa in the early 1980's moved to Tucson mid 1990's I love the valley. It has grown so much I almost don't recognize it anymore, I remember when the superstition freeway only went to Power road.
I am a desert shooter grew up in Safford and just never used a range, so it seems strange to me although I see the convenience.

Azspirit

Bearcat
Welcome aboard! Been out to New Mexico a few years back when my daughter was at NM State University. Such a different world then here in FL!
Yea I have family in NM it's where my moms side is from, it is definitely a different world from most places. Some of them still live in true Adobe houses they are cool and interesting but man are they old.

Azspirit

Bearcat
Thank you to all who welcomed me.

As for the Blackhawk, 45 colt throats have been reamed to .452" & the forcing cone now has a 11deg chamfer. I replaced the hammer with a super Blackhawk version , and the trigger return spring replaced with a reduced power one.

I will probably free wheel the pawl, but the grip is smaller than the super Blackhawk by enough that it bothers me. Not sure where I am going with that but I really don't want to replace the grip frame. So I guess that I will shoot it a bunch and see exactly what if feels like under light and heavy loads and go from there.

Star43

Blackhawk
I live in the central valley, where believe it or not, there are a lot of conservative folks here....not like the Bay area or LA, for sure. Been here 37 plus years here now. Originally from Mass.

vlavalle

Single-Sixer
I live in the central valley, where believe it or not, there are a lot of conservative folks here....not like the Bay area or LA, for sure. Been here 37 plus years here now. Originally from Mass.
I also lived in Northern CA for 18 years, and would take trips with my family into Central CA and the big parks, as well as we went skiing at Lake Tahoe often. We would stop in at the Spaghetti Factory in Sacramento. So, where are you in Central CA?

Star43

Blackhawk
I live right in the middle of the valley, a little south of Modesto. I remember the Spaghetti Factory in Fresno, yet it's been years since I've been there. Yes, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, the Big Trees , the beaches and coastline are very beautiful and nice to see. California is a very beautiful state. It's a shame that all these darn liberals are doing their best to destroy it. These politicians are all bad.

Latest posts