New 50th Anniversary Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Athanasor

Bearcat
Just picked up this afternoon at my FFL gunsmith's shop. It was still in the plastic which was sticking to the gun. Had to polish it hard with a silicon guncloth. Anyway, here is the badboy:

SV100263-1.jpg

Athanasor

Bearcat
"Get thee behind me Satan" Yes, and then someone is going to bring up the 50th SuperBH. You're all a bunch of enablers. Meanwhile, I got bitten by the 1911 bug this year, with all the writing about these types of pistols and was doing fine concentrating on revolvers and Marlin lever guns until Ruger goes and throws a big curveball with the SR1911. What's an addict to do????

David LaPell

Blackhawk
I had one of those guns back a couple years ago and it was a really nice shooter. If I can ever get some finances together again, I will probably get another one.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Just don't shoot it w/o gloves. Those nasty grips ripped the skin right off of my hands. One shot and I put the gun back in the range bag. I pulled out an example with "non cheese-grater" grips.... :D

JMHO,

flatgate

Athanasor

Bearcat
flatgate: That's one thing I figured out right away when I got the revolver. Still haven't made the decision on shooting vs collecting this particular one. I realize that all the logic and emotion are on the side of shooting it, but there's no hurry. Have plenty of other projects etc on the plate right now.

David LaPell

Blackhawk
flatgate said:
Just don't shoot it w/o gloves. Those nasty grips ripped the skin right off of my hands. One shot and I put the gun back in the range bag. I pulled out an example with "non cheese-grater" grips.... :D

JMHO,

flatgate

I had the same issue with mine, even with my mild handloads, so I put on a nice set of smooth Maple grips and went on shooting. If I can ever get any money together I am going to get another one.