Help Support Ruger Forum:

captainmarko

Bearcat
Sexy

GP100.jpg
[/img]

wixedmords

Blackhawk
I just bought the same GP100 (not very same) about a month ago, a GP that was originally purchased new in December.

It has a fantastic trigger, one the original owner said was stock. I was so surprised. It's a real winner in my book. I am lucky to have it as I am all my Rugers.

Oddly, I just noticed, mine is within a hundred of that one in serial number. Interesting. Imagine that.

That one must have been made last year.

GP100man

Buckeye
I hear it too!!!

WELCOME & CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!

On the purchase of the finest , tuffest & most robust 357 production revolver made !!!! Enjoy it to the fullest!!

Yes I`m biased can`t ya tell!!!

revhigh

Hawkeye
Beautiful gun, but those new grips are hideous. What was Ruger thinking when they changed from the wood insert grips to these new fugly ones ?

REV

I guess that you could say I like GP's also, I have 4 (3", 4", 5", and 6"). But I also like Security Sixes too, I have a Security Six, Police Service Six, and a Speed Six, all with the short barrels. Guess I need to get the "family" together and take pics to post.

Dusterman

Single-Sixer
I have a GP 4" SS it is my first hand gun and simply put I love it. It came with the houge grip I changed to a pachmayr but now I,m thinking about getting the factory grips because my buddy picked up a GP 4" blue with factory grips and I really liked the way they felt. I also changed the springs and polished some contact spots and now it has a nice smooth DA pull and a light SA. I also put the HI-VIZ sights on it and now my buddy wants them on his. Heres mine (some day I,ll get a camera and stop useing my phone), Dusterman
0223000914.jpg

cledro711

Bearcat
hate to disagree with ya rev, but i really dislike the look of the wood paneled grips...they look tacky to me...i like the solid hogue grip bc i feel like its glued into my palm...but I admit I do want a fancy tulipwood grip for my gp100 to make it "perdy" haha

gramps

Hawkeye
Rev,
I am right there with ya. The rubber grips just don't look right to me. I wish I'd never sold my blued GP with the original wood/rubber grips.
gramps

revhigh

Hawkeye
I've tried a few other grips on the GP's and SRH's ... always came back to the standard Ruger grips with the inserts.

IMO, best grips on the market for the GP's and SRH's.

REV

revhigh":o54mv8w8 said:
I've tried a few other grips on the GP's and SRH's ... always came back to the standard Ruger grips with the inserts.

IMO, best grips on the market for the GP's and SRH's.

REV

I agree. The original GP and SP grips fit my smallish hands better while still being pretty at control with the recoil.

fp2000h

Bearcat
That's why I bought the exact same model at Cabela's last year. It's a fantastic shooter. I personally like the Goodyear grips better than the older style wood/rubber combo grips. I would consider changing them out for all-wood grips, though. I'm very happy with my GP100. Anyone would be, I would think.