Need alittle help on a 22-A S&W SHE IS ALL FIXED UP!!!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bigbob

Single-Sixer
I put this on the S&W forum (YES it is a S&W) but the mods over there took it off so I am HOPEING that one of you can help me out. I have a 22-A and I noticed after shooting today that the Slide lock that activates after the last 22 in the mag WILL NOT activate at all. You cannot lock it back by hand either. I had two shots that really acted weird. 1st one fired and jammed, casing was in the breech sideways and then, soon after that, I had the same thing happen but this time the shell following the sideways casing actually did go off and the casing on that one ruptured. I checked my wife's Talo 22A and hers has a step part on the slide lock, mine does not. I want to send it into S&W but I DIDN'T WANT TO BOTHER THEM FOR NOTHING, anyone know anything about this? THANKS Bob
PS This is what I put on the S&W forum that the mods found offensive or something

Bullseye57

Single-Sixer
You may want to check the spring plate (item #40 on the 22A parts breakdown diagram) it contains the slide stop. It is possible that a piece of the ruptured shell casing may be lodged underneath the spring plate and causing the slide stop to be jammed, and unable to be activated by the magazine follower button when the mag is empty. The spring assembly is located underneath the left grip panel.

Go to this link https://www.brownells.com/schematics/Smith-Wesson-/M22A-sid949.aspx#s34571sid949 , click on the red number 40 in the diagram, then click on the thumbnail picture of the spring plate to see a more detailed view. You can also use the advance arrow to see all sides of the spring plate assembly.

Hope this helps.

R,
Bullseye