My wish: 3 Inch GP-100 in .45 LC.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MADISON

Single-Sixer
Smith & Wesson has their "Night Guard" series. Why can't Ruger introduce their 5 shot revolvers in .41 Magnum, .44 Magnum, 45 ACP and, .45 Long Colt. They could almost use the GP-100 frame.

Leucoandro

Single-Sixer
I would love a GP100 style 45 Colt, but it would have to be made tough enough to handle the Ruger only 45 colt rounds. I could not see myself buying one if it did not. (Kind of like the New Vaquero can not handle to Ruger only loads)

Charlie

Leucoandro

Single-Sixer
As others have said

I would like to have a Super Blackhawk (would settle for Bisley) in 480 Ruger.

I would also like to have a Single Six (5.5" barrel) in 327 Federal

Charlie

Knuckles

Buckeye
Leucoandro":3op25izm said:
I would love a GP100 style 45 Colt, but it would have to be made tough enough to handle the Ruger only 45 colt rounds. I could not see myself buying one if it did not. (Kind of like the New Vaquero can not handle to Ruger only loads)

Charlie

They've got the four-inch Redhawk for the heavy stuff... and if you still want more POW! get the Alaskan.

Leucoandro

Single-Sixer
knuckles":1i8odx93 said:
They've got the four-inch Redhawk for the heavy stuff... and if you still want more POW! get the Alaskan.

True, they do have the Redhawk, but as much as I like the way they look, I have not been impressed by function. The DA trigger pull has always been long and hard, and the single action not much better. This would not normally diswade me from buying one, because I could just get a local smith to smooth it up for me, but I understand that there is little that can be done with the handgun.

I would go for the Alaskan if it had a 4 or 5" barrel. I would really prefer one in 480 ruger over 454 though.

I also will not own two guns in the same caliber if one can shoot a loading the other can not and I plan to keep that loading in the house. Just too much of a possibility for a mistake.

For example I owned my SP101 first (can handle 125gr hot SD rounds), and then bought a S&W Model 19 (can handle a very limited amount of the 125gr rounds). I bought the 19 because virtually all of the 357 ammunition I shoot is loaded with 158gr bullets.

If I had a GP100 style revolver in 45 Colt, I would use it for woods hiking (much like I use my Blackhawk in 45 Colt now), incase I run into a angry Black Bear. I think I would want the Ruger only Loads for that. I would also think it pointless to pay $600-$700 for a band new Double Action in 45 Colt that could not handle the high pressure, which is what shelf price would end up being. Maybe if it was new and $300-$400 to shoot the underpowered round I would be tempted to buy it.

A Ruger that can not handle the Ruger only 45 Colt loads is of no use to me, because I am not a CAS shooter. I prefer to shoot the round closer to its full potential.

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
i have a Taurus 4in. Tracker and a 2in Snubbie in 45 acp.
Great shooters ..great Idea...but a GP in 45acp would be great..

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
408.jpg

this ole 45acp.

It's a customized S&W DA 45 from the 1937 Brazilian contract run. the barrel is cut down to 3.5", bobbed the hammer, installed a patridge front sight, did an action / trigger job and refinished matte blue.

Lost Sheep

Single-Sixer
Leucoandro":esgdjg3t said:
I would go for the Alaskan if it had a 4 or 5" barrel. I would really prefer one in 480 ruger over 454 though.
You can get such a gun in 454 Casull. Wild West Guns in Anchorage Alaska does what they call the "Wolverine" treatment. Shorten the barrel from 7.5" to whatever length you want (I think they usually do 5.5" or 5", not sure). They also trim some excess metal from the frame around the edges and also dish the cylinder to accept moon clips for 45 ACP (which still allows use of the 45 Colt and 454 Casull loaded singly, unimpeded, just like a stock gun). With or without magna-porting if I recall (it has been over a year since I have handled one. - I have to stay away from gunshops when my wallet is empty.)

It makes a right handy package.

Lost Sheep.

Knuckles

Buckeye
Most gun shops around town all say the similar thing about S&W and Ruger DA Revolvers... the Smiths have the side plates, and the Rugers do not... so you can't open them to screw them up (only they didn't say "screw". :wink: )

My first Redhawk was a LNIB 45colt with scope rings... it had the most natural, smooth DA pull of any other gun I've owned since... and the SA pull was perfect for my taste... wish I had that one back!

Knuckles

Buckeye
Flash":28uc94sq said:
I'd like to see a six shot GP-100 in 357 max as opposed to the 44's and 45's.

Is that a similar round the "Max" ?... I must confess though I've seen mention of it I don't know much regarding it.

I gotsta' know. :)

Flash

Buckeye
357 maximum. Ruger chambered their Blackhawk in it a while back but it's still a great cartridge. In a Contender it's up there with the 35 Remington.

Knuckles

Buckeye
Flash":3oz6fyyj said:
357 maximum. Ruger chambered their Blackhawk in it a while back but it's still a great cartridge. In a Contender it's up there with the 35 Remington.

No kidding!... who makes the round?
thanks' Bud

rugerbh73

Bearcat
I'll take a blue 5" half shroud fixed sight 45acp/auto rim.

Then I'd park this S+W no point of aim shootin-loose screw-can't shoot without the moon clips 22-4 pistol in the back of the safe.

Just kidding, I would mount it in a shadow box and display it on the wall, because it is pretty (if it gets stolen at least it's not a Ruger).

Still just kidding, no offense S+W fans (I might get a bird engraved on it somewhere and make believe it's a ruger)(Probably wind up being a peacock (loud, flashy, usless bird) instead of a pheonix)

OK, I'm done now. Thanks for listening.

Flash

Buckeye
knuckles":h6pnensh said:
Flash":h6pnensh said:

No kidding!... who makes the round?
thanks' Bud
Remington did make the brass but not sure if they still do. I had a Contender barrel in the max and used pointed "Single Shot"358 bullets in it. It's a 357 mag on steroids and amphetamines.

Knuckles

Buckeye
I'm going to look it up, but in the mean time maybe someone would a pal and post a pic'.

Bud (knuckles)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK I found it... sounds like the ammo manufactures bailed on it be cause of the (flash-cutting) or what every you call it on the top strap of the intended firearms... and you are correct about the new brass still being made to date.

From the specs' that were listed I'd rather just carry a 4" Redhawk in 45-Colt.

Thanks' Bud