My Weakness for Ruger Revolvers continues ....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MtJerry

Bearcat
I couldn't resist the latest temptation from my local gun pusher.

Ruger GP100 4" half lug Stainless in 38 Special! I have ALWAYS wanted a Speed Six in .38 special, and since I can't seem to find one that is reasonably priced so this will have to do.

While these revolvers are not rare, you rarely see them! And I simply couldn't resist the price - $300

Out of curiosity I measured the cylinder wall thickness of my 6" GP100 .357 and my Security Six .357 and this new one. They ALL measured .095 in thickness. So since they all are made of the same material and wall thickness, I'm thinking this new one will see some Keith level loads (.357) in .38 Special cases :twisted:

With the smaller, slimmer grips on this one, I'm also betting it will get a good bit of use as a CCW for me.

DSCF0772.jpg

americal

Hunter
I like Ruger DA's better than smiths looks ,style,everything and they look stronger to me and feel really good in my hand --do not own one but been looking :) anybody feel this way or am I off base :?: really do not know about DA's--wanting to learn more. REALLY LIKE YOUR DA.

MtJerry

Bearcat
Tore the guts out of it today .. stoned the surfaces that mate together and run against each other. Polished them to a mirror finish ... cleaned and lubed the internals.

A very good trigger is now very, very, very good :)

Mext step is load development.

MtJerry

Bearcat
Tore the guts out of it today .. stoned the surfaces that mate together and run against each other. Polished them to a mirror finish ... cleaned and lubed the internals.

A very good trigger is now very, very, very good :)

Next step is load development.

Sal1950

Blackhawk
"My Weakness for Ruger Revolvers continues ...."

I've suffered with this demon for 35+ years now, think I'll die with it. Went to a couple 12 step program meetings but was told there was nothing they could do for "my kind". :(
Sal

I love those half-lug .38s, and you got an outstanding price. Only wish they would make one identical to yours but with a 3" barrel. I have one that I got from a fellow calguns.net member that is identical to yours, apparently a 2005 security contract over-run.

(I wouldn't even mind if it were in the so-vulgar .357 Magnum--I'd just hold my nose and shoot +P .38s in it most of the time. What I do with my full-lug 3" .357 now....).

Ruger4Life

Single-Sixer
I would not consider it a "weakness". More like good taste in some of the finest revolvers on the market. Ruger rocks!

MtJerry

Bearcat
Mike Armstrong said:
I love those half-lug .38s, and you got an outstanding price. Only wish they would make one identical to yours but with a 3" barrel. I have one that I got from a fellow calguns.net member that is identical to yours, apparently a 2005 security contract over-run.

(I wouldn't even mind if it were in the so-vulgar .357 Magnum--I'd just hold my nose and shoot +P .38s in it most of the time. What I do with my full-lug 3" .357 now....).

From what I know, those 3" are quite rare! i would seriously trade you straight across my 4" for you 3" :wink: