My new to me 1957 OM Flat top

Help Support Ruger Forum:

collector rob

Bearcat
Was at the LGS the other day and noticed a Flat top in the shadows of the bottom shelf. I thought it was going to be a 50th Ann pistol.
I ask to see it, and the clerk hands over a 4 digit OMFT in really nice shape. I gladly hand over the $385.00 and leave 1 Ruger richer.
It has not been sent back to the factory. The screws don't show any signs of even touching a screw driver. Just a little honest wear on the edges.
The front of the cylinder is cleaner than some of my new guns. I haven't cleaned it yet. The pics show the condition it was in when I bought it.
Now on to the pics.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

flatgate

Hawkeye
Wow! You done good! That's way, way better than my $100 beater...

17819995.jpg

I had to come up with proper grips and a new pawl.

flatgate

Rob,

I'm new to the forum, I know for a fact we have not met-chances are at least fair that we may never meet, especially since I rarely, if ever have a reason or chance to travel to Washington state-beautiful it is, or so I've heard.

At any rate, rob, the point of all my rambling is that although we may never meet-I have to admit I'm a jealous SOB right now.

$385?? If they show up here at all-and rarely, if ever at a LGS, tbey're $5-600+, even if they're only good for scrap.

Great purchase!!!

Best,

Threescrewheekma

contender

Ruger Guru
A very good deal.
What type of ejector rod button does it have? Also,, show the top of the front sight.
Collecting minds want to know!

gregs45auto

Single-Sixer
OH NO! It's missing the kanuten valve, very dangerious! Ship it to me immediatly for inspection of faulty part and testing. May take years, but I am willing to help out. :p best, greg