My new Marlin/Ruger Classic .44 Mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

moparclan

Single-Sixer
I did the same on mine that had the cross bolt safeties but went with the saddle ring type. Turnbull makes one that is still a safety but looks like a screw. Needs a screwdriver to operate though.
JM 336A Marlin.JPG

DSC00871.JPG

Trooper Joe

Single-Sixer
As far as I know, the ones I am using were made by a retired machinist in Wisconsin. They were blued and came with an Allen wrench to fir a screw in the Marlin cross bolt safety system. He only charged $10 and when he went out of business, I bought all he had at that the time (about 10). I only have about 3 or 4 left. Got to stop giving them away when I sell these Marlins.

Trooper Joe

Trooper Joe

Single-Sixer
Just got back from my first trip to the range. Shot .44 Special and 44 Mag at 45 feet. Was shooting a little low but the sights were easy to adjust. Action is pretty stiff but it will loosen up. All in all, it is a keeper.

hittman

Staff member
I saw at a local store today a new 45-70 Trapper priced at $1300

eveled

Hawkeye
I hope they make a couple million of them in many pistol calibers.
I like the way you think. .22 mag, .357 mag would be great.

I know its a pipe dream, but if they made one in .45acp? It would be epic. 9mm would be nice too.

Yes I realize the problems using a rimless cartridge, but if they could pull it off………

I can't even express how happy I am that Marlin rifles are still being made in America.

Mauser9

Blackhawk
Another vote for remake of the Marlin 1894 in 22 magnum. I remember them and wish I would have jumped back then. Solid guns.

My dealer got the first one in from his distributor. He showed it to me yesterday and I foolishly walked out without it. Quoted me a price of only $1,000 which I thought was great.

Did not sleep last night especially after seeing the crooks on GunBroker and other sites for prices from $1,250 to $1,500.

What really kept me awake was the vision of this unbelievable beautiful stock. I did not see even one photo on line featuring a stock this nice. Ruger probably did not dare put a photo of this stock on their ad page for fear that everybody would want one.

Just tried some A-Zoom snap caps which loaded and fed like silk. Was thinking of maybe not shooting this but I am sure that feeling will go away.

Let me know what you think.

Trooper Joe
Oh be still my heart, beautiful rifle. Great buy.

Mauser9

Blackhawk
Beautiful wood and bluing! Figured Ruger would do a great job on a classic. Nice to see guns made with beautiful walnut again. An heirloom that will be a prize to pass down someday.

Latest posts