My new Marlin/Ruger Classic .44 Mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Trooper Joe

Single-Sixer
My dealer got the first one in from his distributor. He showed it to me yesterday and I foolishly walked out without it. Quoted me a price of only $1,000 which I thought was great.

Did not sleep last night especially after seeing the crooks on GunBroker and other sites for prices from $1,250 to $1,500.

What really kept me awake was the vision of this unbelievable beautiful stock. I did not see even one photo on line featuring a stock this nice. Ruger probably did not dare put a photo of this stock on their ad page for fear that everybody would want one.

Just tried some A-Zoom snap caps which loaded and fed like silk. Was thinking of maybe not shooting this but I am sure that feeling will go away.

Let me know what you think.

Trooper Joe

BULL'S-EYE

Buckeye
Outstanding! That is some phenomenal wood...I may very well have broken, or at least sprained, a finger or two reaching for my wallet over that one. 😍👍

bisley32

Single-Sixer
Can't believe you left without it the first time! That is some super wood. I picked one up with really nice wood and a neat serial number. Does yours have a low serial number? They are really nice rifles, can't wait to shoot mine.

Hankus

Blackhawk
Sweet, AND a great price!! I only hope I can find one at that price point when/if 🫰they come out with a .45 Colt version. I *almost* picked up a used .45C Rossi R92 large loop carbine last week but didn't have enough left in my gun fund after buying this pair of OM Bearcats.

Attachments

• IMG_6081.jpeg
    IMG_6081.jpeg
    390.1 KB · Views: 68

moparclan

Single-Sixer
Very nice, congrats.
I have a JM Stainless 1894 .44 mag, but if I saw one like that it would come home with me!

Last edited: