Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rafsob

Single-Sixer
I thought I would show my new Lite 22/45:

IMG_1198_zpsfe464078.jpg

Shooting this rig is a hoot!

JD2

Bearcat
Have you shot it with the can on yet? My 22/45 Lite and my SWR Spectre do not play well together. Even though everything appears to line up perfectly, and the can baffles don't show any bullet strikes, I get bullets keyholing at 25 yards sometimes and accuracy is rather poor. I think it is due to the fact that the barrel is not actually threaded, only the barrel retaining nut is threaded. When I put my Spectre on my standard 22/45 with a threaded steel barrel it shoots amazinly well....

Rafsob

Single-Sixer
JD2 said:
Have you shot it with the can on yet? My 22/45 Lite and my SWR Spectre do not play well together. Even though everything appears to line up perfectly, and the can baffles don't show any bullet strikes, I get bullets keyholing at 25 yards sometimes and accuracy is rather poor. I think it is due to the fact that the barrel is not actually threaded, only the barrel retaining nut is threaded. When I put my Spectre on my standard 22/45 with a threaded steel barrel it shoots amazinly well....

Sorry to hear that my friend. I am experiencing the exact opposite. I am having great time with my accuracy. I found that my gun likes the Velocitor bullets. Accuracy is spot on. I also see no evidence of excessive leading in the baffles.

dougader

Hunter
are these cans Hollywood quiet (fffft, fffft) or more like firing sub-sonic 22 shorts/cb rounds from a long barreled rifle?

JD2

Bearcat
22 cans themselves are very quiet, even "Hollywood" quiet, however the bolt slamming back and forth does make additional noise that you notice more than the sound of the actual shot..... Oh, and the sound of the actual bullet hitting the target is suprisingly loud too......

Latest posts