my new 10/22 td

Help Support Ruger Forum:

akhooters7

Single-Sixer
Is going back to ruger, before I even get a chance to shoot it. When put together, the barell looks straight but the front stock portion and the rear portion do not line Up... The barell looks straight.... But the rest is crooked.

Anybody else see this ?

Will try to get a pic later.

hittman

Staff member
I think another member mentioned that same thing in one of the other 10/22 TD threads.

Pardon my ignorance of the gun but ...... did I hear of an "adjustment" bushing or something of the sort where the two parts hook together? Is it an adjustment there?

Just found this video I was thinking of. Doesn't look like it is a "fix".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMWTN-xQo_g

akhooters7

Single-Sixer
May have been me... Here are some pics
Looks ok from the top

IMAG0434.jpg

IMAG0433.jpg

IMAG0432.jpg

Chief 101

Hunter
Never looked at mine, may be a little off, but it is plastic and stainless and not a thing of beauty...but it shoots. I like the forearm dimension and checkering...did I mention it shoots. I can keep it behind the truckseat and pull it out lickety-split...and it shoots and points good...as mine performs so well I am not going to look too closely at it for imperfections. Sorry I didn't answer any questions. I can't show it off since it is ugly, plastic and ss, so if my particular rifle is off a little in plastic alignment I will just shoot it because that is what it is good for...gotta go take my medications now!
Chief aka Maxx Load
rifle.gif

Chief 101

Hunter
ok, you made me look, mine is out a little, not as good as yours tho. It will likely not be a collectible in the future, for me it has personality. Now if it was blue and Walnut, I would be highly critical of the aesthetic value. My suggestion to you is to send it back, that way you can sleep without the worries. jk

wingman

Single-Sixer
If it can't be adjusted out, send it back. Try calling Ruger for a fix first though.

hittman

Staff member
Please post a report on the outcome.

Local store got one in today and it looks just like yours!

You'd think those 2 pieces matching up would be fairly critical.

oxbloodhound

Bearcat
I just got mine yesterday and found the same issue. Its really a quick fix that you can do in minutes. The clamp that takes place of the barrel V block is out of alignment. loosen the two allen head bolts and realign. make sure the barrel mates up before torquing the bolts

Matt

NixieTube

Blackhawk
My new one is off by a teeny, tiny bit. It looks perfect from the top but from the bottom there's about 0.5mm difference in alignment of the plastic. Otherwise great.

I'm going to fire it first, I'm not concerned about it yet. I never would have noticed it I hadn't seen these pictures with a much larger disparity. On mine, it's hard to feel with my fingertips but the straightedge doesn't lie - it's off by about 0.5mm. Hard to tell, though, whether it's just the stock being off a little. It doesn't seem to effect the concentricity of the bore or the lockup of the gun. It just seems like the end of the plastic stock is very slightly rotated on the barrel.

mhg

Bearcat
Mine was off just a small amount
Loosen the allen screw on the left side, install the barrel, adjust for
proper alignment, remove barrel and tighten allen screw
reinstall barrel and readjust barrel tension nut, 1.5 minutes
Perfect
Mike

NixieTube

Blackhawk
Chief 101 said:
Perfect, I thought it should be an easy fix...but I like mine the way it is...

It's a nothingburger. I fixed my teeny misalignment this afternoon with this method and it was so small I almost made it wrong in the other direction just futzing around with it.

If it's really small, don't bother, just adjust the rear sight. If it's bigger, just loosen, realign, retighten. Simple.

NixieTube

Blackhawk
akhooters7 said:
Someday mine will come back from ruger.......

Oh my God you sound so sad! I like the 10/22 TD also, but jeez, don't go off a bridge or anything. BELIEVE ME if you shipped it out to them with their shipping label, particularly with a new model like this (but also with older models as many can tell you) it'll get back to you promptly. And when it does I'm sure it's going to be a happy day for you. Trust me, Ruger does a great job, they read this forum, and the company takes really good care of its customers. They're one of the best companies in the United States, certainly in the top 10, so hold it together and don't go postal on us. :)

Don't get that lonely sinking feeling. It's a great little gun and I'm sure Ruger will make it right for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-My2AkcZeE4