My Motorcycle

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gatling

Blackhawk
Something different...my California Scooter. It's only a 150. I rode it from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas and back (that's the Baja peninsula...all of it).

_DSC0025-900.jpg

stevemb

Hunter
My first thought was, a mini-Indian ! Due to color, seat,etc.. stevemb

The Mustang was pretty fast for the 50s. Also was the first bike to have telescoping shock.
Mustang Model 2 Scooter

Mustang collectors like the looks of the Model 2 the best. The shape of the tank and muffler make this a sharp looking scooter. This one has an exact reproduction generator just like the original that works. The Mustang was more motorcycle than scooter. It was the scooter most kids wanted when they were young as it out performed any other scooter. Three speed Burman transmission, Gladden 9.5hp engine. These were made at the Mustang Motorcycle Corp., a subsidiary of Gladden Products Corp. Glendale, California..

135F_1-1949-Mustang-Model-2-Scooter.jpg

gatling

Blackhawk
http://www.motorcycleclassics.com/classic-american-motorcycles/california-scooter-company-zmkz13jfzbea.aspx#axzz2pLcSyzVv

The pursuit version...
VMMC1_DSC1101.jpg

A Mustang and a California Scooter...
CSCLargeJpegs-40650.jpg

No.1Nick

Single-Sixer
gatling said:
http://www.motorcycleclassics.com/classic-american-motorcycles/california-scooter-company-zmkz13jfzbea.aspx#axzz2pLcSyzVv

The pursuit version...
VMMC1_DSC1101.jpg

A Mustang and a California Scooter...
CSCLargeJpegs-40650.jpg

Really cool! I actually ride the civillian version of the bike in the background of the first picture, a Honda ST1300

BlkHawk73

Hunter
A shop here sells those. Only seen one around the roads. Quite a underground market for scooters and the really small bikes here.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I DO like that RE! Back in '08 when I decided I wanted two wheels again, I did look at the Royal Enfields. The classic look and style…SOOOO much nicer than the typical, overdone cruiser and the plastic coated crotch rockets. Ended up with a Bonneville, but those RE's have tempted be since. Same local dealer with these little bikes also carries the Enfields.