My Collection of 4/58" Old Model Blackhawks

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Armybrat

Buckeye
My favorite Ruger holster revolver. I only have a 4 5/8 barrel 357/9mm convertible but it fits and carries in an old Lawrence Threeperson style holster like it grew in there.View attachment 31826
I'd like to find one of those for my recently acquired.357 BH…
79E2A3BF-FFD6-4837-B113-F25D352BEBFD.jpeg

bykerhd

Single-Sixer
Bianchi and El Paso both offer versions of the Threepersons holster and there are probably others. Unfortunately, Lawrence is long gone.

4 5/8 basic NM Blackhawk. Cylinder window was rough from Ruger, and the front sight was canted, so they straightened it and refinished it under warranty. I installed a Ronnie Wells gripframe and walnut grip. I added one of Ronnie/Fermin's rear sights too after this pic was taken. Also a Bisley trigger and Super hammer. Still on the fence if I want to polish the gripframe or Cerakote it to match. It's one of my favorites…wish it was an OM but it's really nice for a NM in my opinion
IMG_7641.jpeg

Star43

Blackhawk
Top to Bottom: Type 1 .357 Mag "Flattop" Blackhawk, .357 Mag Blackhawk, .41 Mag Blackhawk and .45 LC Blackhawk
In California here, that collection would probably be considered "too much of a good thing".....and that always, in California, of course could or would be, again, "borderline illegal"...If you live in CA, I would be more than happy to help you out by taking at least one two off your hands.....just to help you be more "liberally compliant" to public opinion. Just remember, public opinion means a lot in California.....it means a bunch of crap ..

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
I forgot about this Vaquero in .45 Colt and with 4 5/8" barrel. Doesn't see daylight often as its my shop companion. Fewer that 5,000 rounds through it. Origianl Vaquero, thinking about some jigged bone grips for the ol' timer.

Bob Wright

Shortened .22 Super Single Six
View attachment 31970

Modifications:
Cut the barrel: mathematically 4 7/16" is equal to the proportion of the mid frame with a 4 5/8" barrel. But that would need a cut right thru the ERH screw. So I resorted to 4 1/8".
Also pulled the barrel and turned it ¼ turn so the rollmark is on the side to match the OM Blackhawk FT. This had two more advantages: it keeps the relocated front sight from covering the rollmark and it allowed me to clean up the course machine tool marks on the front face of the frame so typical on OM Rugers. That in turn allowed the extra ¼ turn of the barrel after cutting the barrel from the front end.

New Vaquero XR3 steel grip frame.

Flattopped the frame to match my old model mid frames.

New Model .32s: all steel grip frames.
The bottom two with barrels shortened from the rear and set back. Steel grip frames.
The bottom one with the short .32 Vaquerito size steel grip frame.

View attachment 31973

Old model (.357 mid size frame flat top) 4 5/8" converted to 44 Special. Stainless steel grip frame and blue steel ejector rod housing.
View attachment 31979
Hondo44,
Did you also flattop and nickle plate that super single six? I admire the way you make those guns truly yours.
KRuger

Latest posts