My Buddy Turned me On To This Old Box...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Old Heliman, now that he's retired, has nothing to do but watch the gun ads. I benefit from this, as he PM'd me today saying I needed to go look at an item that was in my neck of the woods.

Well, I ended up with this really nice old box. The gun within was pretty special too. :mrgreen:

Thanks Dave!

WAYNO.

street

Hunter
Offers to buy at $79.50 and $84.50 plus shipping. :lol: :lol: :lol: Be carefull I bet the shipping will be $400.00 to $500.00. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Cholo

Staff member
So, you buy a nice box and out falls a brand new OM Ruger Single Six with the mag. cylinder in the bag. It happens all the time! :lol:

Good friends are hard to come by...

Cholo said:
So, you buy a nice box and out falls a brand new OM Ruger Single Six with the mag. cylinder in the bag. It happens all the time! :lol:

It pretty much did happen that way. From the photo in the ad, I knew the gun would be nice, but I didn't expect it to be 98%. Maybe 99%.

And, the photo of the box in the ad did not show just how decent the box really is.

So, I was just plain tickled to pieces to end up with this package.

A few extra goodies were included, including this ammo and the patches. The Winchester ammo would be period correct for when this 1966 gun was young. There are 12 rounds used from the magnum box, and 6 used from one of the LR boxes. I would not be surprised if someone told me that that's all the gun has been fired.

And, good friends are hard to come by. Dave is a great friend. He's done me a ton of favors and just plain watches out for me. :mrgreen:

WAYNO.

WAYNO said:
Cholo said:

It pretty much did happen that way. From the photo in the ad, I knew the gun would be nice, but I didn't expect it to be 98%. Maybe 99%.

And, the photo of the box in the ad did not show just how decent the box really is.

So, I was just plain tickled to pieces to end up with this package.

A few extra goodies were included, including this ammo and the patches. The Winchester ammo would be period correct for when this 1966 gun was young. There are 12 rounds used from the magnum box, and 6 used from one of the LR boxes. I would not be surprised if someone told me that that's all the gun has been fired.

And, good friends are hard to come by. Dave is a great friend. He's done me a ton of favors and just plain watches out for me. :mrgreen:

WAYNO.

The feeling is mutual. We have like minds when it comes to firearms and many other things. Trust between us is unquestioned. I have his back and he has mine. :D

Dave

GRAMPS 51 said:
Besides the great gun I really like that federal bird shot box I collect 22 boxes and I have never seen that one does it have a child warning on it ?

GRAMPS

Well, I thought the bird shot box was newer than the other boxes. Maybe it's older than I thought. If it goes back to '66, I suppose that could be pre-warning. How old do you think the bird shot box is?

WAYNO.

My guess would be 60s but I really don't know I only have one box with that color combo and it has the warning I have been trying to find some info on it for 1/2 an hour with no luck is there a warning on that box ? I just looked and all my High power boxes are blue and white with red letters no warning except one that does have the warning so maybe 50s

GRAMPS

GRAMPS 51 said:
My guess would be 60s but I really don't know I only have one box with that color combo and it has the warning I have been trying to find some info on it for 1/2 an hour with no luck is there a warning on that box ?

GRAMPS

I just looked, and it does have a warning.

WAYNO.

Latest posts