Most recognized handguns......

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mauser9

Single-Sixer
Nice to have the 66-73 Winny replicas back in modern westerns. How many years of period incorrect 92-94 Winchesters used in 50s and 60s cowboy TV westerns?

Biggfoot44

Blackhawk
Once upon a time , during one of Mrs Biggfoot's six bank robberies , she gave an exact description of the robbers gun . Being a lifelong shooter since 8 yo , she knew her revolvers .

When asked by iirc FBI Agent " Are you sure ? " , one of the nearby county PD Ofcs who knew her broke out laughing .

AJGUNNER

Hunter
True story---30 years ago a roommate was a bank manager that got robbed. The robbers used a bent coat hanger on the flipper handle on the front door minutes after closing time and just walked in. Everyone was herded to a conference room and zip tied. My buddy then walked them to each drawer to open it for them. Robbers returned him to the conference room and told them to keep quiet for at least 5 minutes. The alarm had been hit but the police were too slow getting there. At the tie it was one of the largest takes---friday/payroll day in an industrial are of town so had lots of cash on hand. When interviewed by police my buddy told them that the lead guy was carrying a Berretta 92 in 9mm, and was even able to give a partial serial number as the guy had set it down several time to load the loot. The police were shocked that a conservative type banker, in a jacket and tie knew anything about a handgun. The bad guys were caught about 5-6 years later. They had done multiple jobs up and down the west coast but were apprehended in the mid west and are still doing their time. My buddy knew about the Berretta because I had one at the time, and he had the Taurus clone.

Last edited:

43north

Bearcat
A lot of you hit on a common vein: Actor & Firearm.
I'd wager we would hear more about the "John Wick gun" than a specific Glock model.

John Wayne: Colt SAA & Winchester Carbine.
Tom Selleck: Sharps Quigley Rifle
Keanu Reeves: John Wick Glock
Bruce Willis: Die Hard Beretta 92
Mark Harmon: Gibbs SIG P228/M11 and M1911A1
Various: Agent 007 Walther PPK
Various: Star Trek Phaser

Snake Pleskin

Banned
A lot of you hit on a common vein: Actor & Firearm.
I'd wager we would hear more about the "John Wick gun" than a specific Glock model.

John Wayne: Colt SAA & Winchester Carbine.
Tom Selleck: Sharps Quigley Rifle
Keanu Reeves: John Wick Glock
Bruce Willis: Die Hard Beretta 92
Mark Harmon: Gibbs SIG P228/M11 and M1911A1
Various: Agent 007 Walther PPK
Various: Star Trek Phaser
Tom Selleck, Magnum PI, 1911