Mossberg 500 gun rack

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JOHNNY WACKO

Blackhawk
I just can not stop buying parts and building these Mossberg 500s. There cheap to build if you buy parts in bulk and i have never needed to fit a part.They go together and work fine with no tools at all. 1 screwdriver is about it. I had to make a rack to hold them. They pile up like beer cans at a party.

1RugerFan_33

Single-Sixer
I swear...

You are better stocked than prolly most any shop I've ever set foot in, Johnny.

Nice!

PS---someday i still wish i could talk you outta that violin case on the floor, behind the rack... :wink: :lol:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
While not a fan of Mossberg myself, I do have to say you've given me an idea for a rack I think will be a near perfect addition for when I get phase II of the gun room completed. For that, a big "Thank you, Sir". Might have also allowed me to add a few more ideas closer to the project planner. :)

JOHNNY WACKO

Blackhawk
:oops: I'm not as good with words as i am with guns i guess :roll: :lol: :lol:

those oak boards were around here for years and hard as bricks.but i hate to buy materials and most times make do with what i have on hand. it turned out pretty nice for the use i had in mind.

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
I like your Mossbergs, you rack, and your outlook!

There was a rather rich guy that shot in the local (suburbs of Chicago) trap/skeet club when my dad used to shoot there in the late 1950s, early 1960s. The guy bought some kind of limited edition shotgun. I forget which make and model it was. About 150 of them made. He bought one and loved it so much that he bought the rest. He had a custom display rack made to hold all of them. But there were a couple out there that were sold before he was able to snatch them all up.

One guy at the club had one. He would bring it and place it in the club's rack. Sometimes he's shoot it, sometimes he would just place it in the rack.

The rich guy who had all the rest of these rare shotguns tried to buy it for a crazy amount of money. The owner wouldn't sell.

My dad said that the rich guy would get physically sick and throw up when he saw that shotgun that he couldn't have.