More troubles with finding scope mount for my GP100!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

stantheman86

Buckeye
gpdandt.JPG

I have posted this pic before, this is more of an update..........I bought this 6" GP100 this past winter and it has two drilled and tapped holes that are exactly 1" apart and are even. The way the pic came out they look unevenly drilled. Including the rear sight screw, they are all 1" apart.

It was suggested this might be a Leupold mount, but the 2nd hole doesn't line up.

A Redfield mount might be an option, but I would have to buy it to see if it fits, I'm trying to avoid having to buy every Blackhawk-Redhawk-GP100 mount out there to find one that fits :D

My other option is just to put a Weigand non-drill mount on it, but I would like to use the holes and put a solid mount on the gun.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
You could drill holes in this mount for 'your' gun. Should be no problem. Scroll down to see dimensions. :D

http://www.jackweigand.com/raswms.html

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Check to be sure the threading is one of the "standards", 6-48 or 8-40, and then call Weigand, Weaver, etc. and describe your situation. You may have to 'customize" another mount.

lfpiii

Blackhawk
Before you do anything call Brownells tech department and ask them. If anyone can give you an answer it will be Brownells.

stantheman86

Buckeye
They are 8-40 screws, I think. I have a pack of Brownells hex head scope mount screws and they screw in the holes with ease. They are the same thread pitch as the rear sight screw.

I would love to find something that works and mount a 4x Bausch & Lomb handgun scope that I have to it.

Thanks for the advice, I will call Brownells and ask them, and also Weigand could be an option.

MtJerry

Bearcat
This is the mount you want .. I have one and it is absolutely rock solid!

http://www.jackweigand.com/Ruger-GP100-Scope-Mounts-No-Drill.html

stantheman86

Buckeye
The Wiegand will be my next option, thanks for the replies 8)

I picked up a Redfield mount that looks to be a match, I haven't received it yet but if it doesn't fit, I'll save it for a future project and go with the Wiegand.