MOISHA. Betty J. Call 1948-2012

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sheriff

Single-Sixer
So sorry for your loss, Steve, but I know you can take comfort in the fact that Betty's suffering is at at end and she's now free. May the Lord continue to give you strength and comfort.

Otony

Blackhawk
Steve, our whole family is saddened by this turn of events. I would show the kids all of Betty's pictures when ever you or others posted, and they were always looking forward to the day they would meet her. Both my kids loved her pictures.

We will see all our loved ones soon enough, and given the circumstances, Betty is finally able again to do those things the two of you loved. Hard to let go though, I know only too well.

God bless you sir, for your dedication to her all these years.

Fowler

Single-Sixer
Steve,

Words escape me right now, I feel for you both in the bottom of my heart.

But as was said this is merciful, she is without discomfort now. The dedication you have given her is one of the most selfless things I have ever known of, it is something I fear I would never be able to do and for this I find I am humbled by you.

God has a special spot waiting you many years from now when you join Moisha, it is reserved for the very rare man who has earned it.

sixshot

Buckeye
Me & Ruth Ann just had lunch with Steve, he's an amazing guy, probably has more faith & is more organized than anyone I've ever met. He went far beyond the call od duty to make sure every minute of everyday that Betty was comfortable.
He had the alarm set on his cell phone so he could go home exactly on time & give her the medicine she needed, he didn't want it be "about" 2pm, he wanted her to have it on time, every time. He has slept in a chair for over a week, tending to her & checking every hour without fail. He has an inner strength that really can't be discribed without meeting him.
When they first met Betty was engaged to a soldier who was in Viet Nam, he was killed in action & within the year Steve & Betty were married & were blessed with 2 sons & 2 daughters. For many years Betty worked for the city of Soda Springs, doing manual labor that would make most men hang their head in defeat.
When she was diagnosed with MS Steve retired & cared for her day & night for many years. Many of us have been faced with some of the same kinds of trials that Steve & Betty endured, he doesn't consider himself a hero, he gave it his best right up until her final breath & I can see he's at peace today. Surely he will have some struggles in the coming days but he's going to be OK because of his faith. He knows she in a better place.
Many of you here have welcomed Steve & Betty into your lives & he treasures your friendships more than you will ever know, its meant the world to him the last few years to receive emails & phone calls from complete strangers, he's never had that before & its helped him get through the long days. Thanks to each & everyone of you for your thoughts & prayers.

Steve Call
250 Court St.
Soda Springs, Idaho 83276

Dick

doccash

Buckeye
After reading all the wonderful words from the fine people on this site I won't even attempt to match them but will say I am deeply sorry. Gary

SimplyRugged

Bearcat
heartfelt condolences for you Steve. I have never met you but men that I respect above all others, have told me about you and the good man that you are. As Jeff said I hope that she is having a great time. I hope to see you this summer. We can give Six shot an eating lesson.
With kindest regards,
Rob Leahy

HIVO

Single-Sixer
Condolences to you and your family. I'm so sorry to hear this. Be prayin' for ya.
HIVO

dougader

Hunter
When I first got the news this morning, I had a strong urge to get in the car and drive to Soda Springs, just to "be there" for Steve.

It's funny that way, I guess. Some of us only know each other through posts, and jokes, and deals on this forum. I have never met Steve or his beautiful wife before, but I am very sad today for my friend.

Our prayers are always with you, Steve. God Bless.

2 dogs

Buckeye
Yes, very well said Doug. The truth here is that the guys on the RF have become Steve's extended family. Together we will stand by him thru these difficult times. Im quite sad heredeep in S Texas.

contender

Ruger Guru
Last night, as I went to bed, I added another prayer to the earlier ones I had said for both of you. My sleep last night wasn't the best, as I actually woke up thinking of Steve & Betty. This morning, I didn't get the news, but most of the day I had many thoughts about y'all. To come in this evening, I actually felt a bit reluctant to check for this. I had a feeling in my heart, that she had left her earthly body, and left a hole in the wonderful community of Soda. I know she was loved & respected. The many folks who know Steve know he is one of the strongest, most devoted men in the world. Our hearts & prayers are with the entire Call family, and the extended family in Soda who knew Betty.

Plus, I think Jeff, Glenn, Robb & Dick said quite a bit as well. I wholeheartily agree with their thoughts.

Steve, we are here for you my friend.