Mkiv tactical grip screws

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Macksthemuss

Bearcat
I've stripped the grip screws and being from the UK I can't source replacement screws.
Any of the US companies that will post to the UK only have the 22-45 grip screws or the mki/mkii grip screws.
I've seen on the US ebay people selling grip screws compatible for all the marks. So does that mean the grip screws brownells sells for the mark i & mark ii will fit my mark iv

Does anyone know the exact size or name for the screws so I could maybe source them from none gun shops.
Thanks for any help

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
I don't recall a normal or common screw that can be used for grip screws on a MK series gun. But, a set of grip screws by themselves shouldn't be a big problem. Screws are "common hardware" type of items, and may not be regulated.
And I do think that the grip screws are the same for all of the Mark series guns.

PS; Use the right type of screwdriver blade & avoid heavy tightening! :D

pyth0n

Buckeye
Check Brownell's or Numrich Gun Parts Corporation. The screws should be the same for all the MK series. You'll also find Allen wrench head (internal wrenching) replacements.
Hope this helps.

DmitriMorton

Bearcat
I understand the frustration of stripping grip screws and not being able to find replacements. I have some good news though! It looks like the MKI and MKII grip screws, as well as decking screws sold by Scrooz might fit your MKIV. You can double check the size to make sure they match by using the exact name or size. Another option is to reach out to some of the US companies and ask if they will ship to the UK. It never hurts to ask!

Last edited: